• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Shorty, no need for the measurements now, i managed to swap a EP85 Starlet with 4EFE for a friends quad bike, so i can get the measurements off it.

I have another question if anyone could help. I am in the early stages of a project in which i am putting a 4EFTE engine in a Mini, and am planning on using the EP*5 4wd system aswell.

I am stuck on if i should keep the 4wd gearbox or not. Does anyone know if you can fit the 4EFTE gearbox (C52 is the code i believe) to the EP*5 transfercase etc?

Retain the ep85 system bud as you will minimise your headaches that way. The box is plenty strong enough for 300+ ish so will take the stresses of a mini with ease as more than 250hp in a mini is such a nightmare to control lol. please send me a link to your build or pm some details. I've owend a good few minis and love the sound of the project :D

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry been away for a bit. I ripped the Diff and driveshaft out of the EP85 and it all looks good. My designer in AUS is taking a look and letting my know how much the diff needs to be shortened to fit in the rear of the mini.

Back to the Gearbox problem. Does anyone know if you can put the Starlet Turbo gearbox onto the 4WD Bell housing? from what i have read this may be possible? Has anyone hear of or done this?

Basically my plan would be to keep the EP85 bell housing and Transfer case, and then slap a Turbo gearbox onto the 4wd Bell housing. This is mainly because i have been told the 4wd gearbox has very short gears.

Edited by Insomniattic