Random 4efe thoughts

Does anyone know how the uk and jdm ones differ i know about the intake manifold but there is a JDM ecu on ebay for 24 USD i know it would be mapped for 100 octane but if you were to run on Optimax you would be close might make some nice gains for someone at very little cost.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Standard-EP91...1QQcmdZViewItem

Simon

you will find that your gonna have to get it recoded to your existing immobiliser or otherwise it wont start.i tried it with mine but all it did was make two of the keys stop working on any ecu. A toyota dealer might be willing to recoding it though.

not sure about that coding thing as our keys in australia are not coded at all.

It may be interesting to see the difference, but another good thing is that you can now modify it to change your rev limmiter to 7300 or thereabouts.

There was a post on the old site about it. Was quite interesting to read...

ivan

ok, the standard 4efe in jpn had yellow injectors along with the four branch inlet manifold,

this combined with the hire octain (100ron)helped the starlet produce 86bhp,

thats a masive 10bhp more then what we have over here.

the ep82 starlet gi and solail had 99bhp from a 4efe that shared alot more in comon with the fte than our fe,

i have been trying to find out f

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, that not a bit expensive though? Need to get the ecu remapped?

Well, my car's milage is a bit large (120K :) ) and I plan on keeping it for another year. It's getting a bit oil thirsty so the plan is........

Source another cylinder head, dad is going to port/polish it, put fhe cams in, change valve stem oil seals, piston rings and bolt the new head on with a new head gasket and timing belt. This should make the engine nice and solid for a few more years so hopefully wont jeopardise the selling of the car when it comes to it. B)

i no of a way of gaining 12bhp from the 4efe without touching the internals but i am going to keep it to myself for a bit until its done but it involves inlet manifold and exhaust manifold and i no it will work because i got told the info from one of the top toyota technical experts and he did it on his one plus am goin to add a few more bits on it so should be runnin close to 120bhp if all goes to plan

120bhp???

are you sure???

i'd understand that figure if its being opened up, but without touching the internals??

yeah, that not a bit expensive though? Need to get the ecu remapped?

no, this ecu should have a redline of around 7000rpm... so try an scource one of them!

Rich.

ive had a 421 mani on my 4efe an it lost far too much back pressure mate...

i dont think it'll be running 100bhp with the inlet and exhaust mani's only, your probably looking at an increase of maybe 3-6 bhp which would push it up to 78-82 bhp. if you had quad throttlebodys you may get a tidy little increase, altho all the power would be top end. :)

over in australia they tried a fully progamable ecu on a 4efe which already had a 421 manifold, and the increase was 10%. thats with a £600 ecu!!

i dont want to piss in anyones pool or anything, but i just dont think you'll get a decent power figure with n/a bolt on parts? i could be wrong of course!!! B)

Rich.

mate dont worry about milage!!! i ve gone by the 135.000 mark 80,000 or so on this engine now you should have any problems if ya give it an oil change now and again!!! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not worried about the mileage too much to be honest! It's just trying to tell every muppet of the day when I go to sell it..

As for 120bhp doubt it. I would like to think that by the time i've done the work above i'm close to 100bhp but we'll have to see, I'm not expecting loads.

hey ok maybe 120 is a bit steep but the 100bhp with manis isnt that far off because the toyota bloke(he is the head man at toyota technical so nos his stuff) i got the info off had his rolling roaded to see what it had done and said a 12bhp increase a lot more torque and better fuel economy(not that that matters really) and the manis arent for a 1300 think more 1600 anyway!!!!!!!but yeah i will try to prove you wrong!!!!!! :)B)B):D