Starlet glanza engine oil ??

I'd do a full oil and filter change if you haven't already. You've recently bought the motor ae ? God knows the last time it was changed. Could save your engine in the long run dude.

Yea it's getting changed ASAP man :) but this is just to top it up justnow :D

Just letting you know bud, i'm having to change the engine in my GT because of oil related failure caused by some muppet in the past not changing oil.

The sticker on the underside of my bonnet says, 10w30 but most folk run 10w40 with no issues.

Just letting you know bud, i'm having to change the engine in my GT because of oil related failure caused by some muppet in the past not changing oil.

The sticker on the underside of my bonnet says, 10w30 but most folk run 10w40 with no issues.

Yea yea I'm not biting your head off or that ! Thanks alot for lettin me know man :) but going to just top it up just now

Ok thanks alot :)

Better safe than sorry eh

How far down the dipstick is it?

It shouldn't burn much oil especially if its been changed 4 months ago!

I was thinking that, and chances are it bee changed with shite, i use 5 -30w fully synthetic ester oil for winter and 5-40w for summer

Only use semi sythetic in a standard engine these are old engine and synthetic oil isnt designed for the low tolerances of old engine. They are fine if your forged but you need a semi for a standard engine.

Ive tried loads and found mobil 1 super 2000 10w40 lasted longest before it thinned out. Its mainly down to you.

Just serviced mine..Toyota genuine oil in 5w30 Semi Synth was only £22!!...

Do yourself a BIG favour & buy a proper oil filter socket/cup...there only a fiver & its really easy to change the filter with them!..providing you already have a 3/8's ratchet!...

It took me over 10 minutes before i got one of those, fiddling around with a strap & mole grips!!....don't overtighten!!. :thumbsup:

Just serviced mine..Toyota genuine oil in 5w30 Semi Synth was only £22!!...

Do yourself a BIG favour & buy a proper oil filter socket/cup...there only a fiver & its really easy to change the filter with them!..providing you already have a 3/8's ratchet!...

It took me over 10 minutes before i got one of those, fiddling around with a strap & mole grips!!....don't overtighten!!. :thumbsup:

Ok mate sounds good to me !

Thanks for the tip

Fully synthetic all the way, Its a better oil in every margin apart from price, and modern oils arent just designed for modern engines, all i run in the glanza is 5w40 fully synthetic and it doesnt drink a drop beetween oil changes, check it everyweek and it never moves, they wont drink oil unless there well worn.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...