forged 5e info

I'm not sure if the Depo widebands can be used with aftermarket ecu's tbh, that would be something that should be on their website or a dealer of their products should know.

If your able to just swap the plug connections on the loom to the plugs to suit the sensors you plan on running then thats sweet. I would double check the pinout on the ecu to make sure the sensors are connected to the correct pins on the ecu.

If the ignition coils are wired up in singles that is setup to run direct fire/coil on plug so if it ran type r coils, and thats what you plan on using you won't have to touch it, as long as the wiring is long enough. You can set the firing order in the ecu software I believe mate.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill double check with the depo not to bothered either way if am honest picked it up quite awhile ago and its still sittng new in its box lol.

yea ill be double checking all the pin outs once am happy with all the sensors.

looking at the plugs they do look like the same plugs as type r coils but wont no for sure till i buy the coils them self i guess. hopefully will work with the loom then it was nice bonus guy just chucked it in with the ecu cause he didnt need it. but he mentioned it cost him £200 to have made

Type R coils are cheap enough to pick up anyway really, I've seen some go on ebay for like £50 for a set of four.

As long as the wiring is long enough its a good buy, be a bit shit if its not and you have to start chopping and splicing the loom.