forged 5e info

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold a set to a guy on ebay and kept in touch with him, he is running a vf30 @1.6 bar for the past 11 months at standard rev limit, will be going for more boost and revs come the summer once we have sorted a nice inlet and bigger exhaust :)

the manufacturer has tested them against the scat rods the design was based on and there is no difference between them :) and yes the block will need notching :)

Bit of topic (sorry) but what power is tge above car making ?

quick one do i need to have my light weight pulleys when i have the bottom end ballanced up?

You'll need, pistons, piston pins, piston rings, circlips, rods, crank, clutch assembly and crank pulley :)

sorry to jump the thread but seems pointless to start another one for same thing. trying to make up a list of parts needed to get car up and running so i can slowly pick up parts. anyone got any input on the following or anything ive missed

donor 5e

pistons

rods

bearings

oil pump

water pump

gasket kit

zisco valve springs

zisco valve stem seals

headgasket

arp headbolts

lightweight pulleys

3e fly wheel

clutch

timing belt kit

arp crank bolts

fuel

uprated fuel pump

rrfpr+ gauge

injecors

ignition

type r coil's

new spark plugs

ecu- dta s60pro unit

custom loom

cam sensor

crank sensor and trigger wheel

4bar map sensor

oil pressure sensor (after market)

oil tempt sensor (after market)

throttle body+ tps to be decided

air intake sensor (after market)

fuel pressure sensor?

and of course a turbo kit+fmic

Edited by _shaun_

Injector size realy depends on your mapper tbh dude, you idealy need to be close to maxing as you dont want a 1000cc injector at 50% duty as you get more of a dribble than a spray. maybe drop grant a lil pm, not sure how much he knows of dta but he has built his own standalone megasquirt kit, loom, sensors, ignition system etc etc, take a look at his shrek build. lol hes fookin nuts! His car is race standard not modded car lover standard ;) puts the pp boys to shame when they had the green on lmao.

Oh also athena headgasket, nothing but!!! I've ran oem and cruise and they are shit athena are fantastic! I only use them now and also arp'd the shit out of my engine last time i gave it a refresh. but i just like adding to the engine spec list lol mine silly now haha

Injector size realy depends on your mapper tbh dude, you idealy need to be close to maxing as you dont want a 1000cc injector at 50% duty as you get more of a dribble than a spray. maybe drop grant a lil pm, not sure how much he knows of dta but he has built his own standalone megasquirt kit, loom, sensors, ignition system etc etc, take a look at his shrek build. lol hes fookin nuts! His car is race standard not modded car lover standard ;) puts the pp boys to shame when they had the green on lmao.

will fire him a some what long message later :p have been keeping track of his built its mental but wasnt sure if anything from the megasquirt would carrie over to the dta

Oh also athena headgasket, nothing but!!! I've ran oem and cruise and they are shit athena are fantastic! I only use them now and also arp'd the shit out of my engine last time i gave it a refresh. but i just like adding to the engine spec list lol mine silly now haha

aye plan to get an athena just dont no what size so will wait till the actual engine build. ill prob just get the arp crank bolts for the sake of a few quid

aye thats a fair point . can price everything up right untill it gets to the sensors then the fun begins not sure if same sensors will work on both the dta and megasquirt. the temptation to get a charge cooler so the 4paw can look totaly stock with no intercooler is tempting lol

should realy ask whats the logic to picking injector size?

Injector size depends on the fuel pressure you want to run, this could be chosen by your tuner. Generally speaking I myself don't like to see anything over 3.5 bar, increasing the fuel pressure makes it increasingly harder to control the injectors. Since fuel pressure is done as a mechanical means, and the injector switching is done electronically this is how it comes about.

There is a forumla to work out what size injectors you need relative to your fuel pressure and horsepower target. I shall dig it out for you mate :)

Ok found it here goes lol

Fuel Flow (cc per minute) = (Horsepower Target* 5.6) / Number of cylinders

So say for an example for you Shaun:

Fuel Flow (cc per minute) = (400bhp * 5.6) / 4

Fuel Flow = 560cc Per minute

The next step is to look at what size injectors we need to provide this fuel flow of 560cc.

Injector static flow = (TF*100) / ( N*F)

Where TF is the Theoretical flow rate which we worked out to be 560cc.

N - Number of Injectors per cylinder

M - Maximum duty cycle of our injectors

So lets plug some numbers in:

Injector Static Flow = (560cc*100) / (1*90)

Injector Static flow = 622.22cc per minute

Now to include our fuel pressure we use the following formula:

Revised Static Flow = SF * Sqroot (RP/OP)

SF - Injector static flow at manufactures standard pressure (usually tested at 3 bar)

RP - Revised Fuel pressure

OP - Original manufacturers standard pressure

So say we use SARD 550cc injectors which were tested at 3 bar fuel pressure.

Revised Static Flow = 550cc * Sqroot (3.5 bar/2.4 bar) 3.5 bar as to increase flow rate of our 550cc SARD, and 2.4 bar is the stock base fuel pressure

Revised Static Flow = 664cc per minute.

So we can see that if we choose the SARD 550cc injectors, increase the fuel pressure from 3 bar of which they were tested at, to 3.5 bar, we get 664cc per minute, which is more than we calculated above of 622cc per minute.

Conclusion is that at 3.5 bar fuel pressure, SARD 550cc injectors will flow enough for Shaun's setup of 400bhp.

Hope that helps :)

Adam thats awesome!! Needs to be cut and pasted to wiki for future use! And no dave its not a rule of thumb lol its maths so as its the pricipal of fuel flow rates id say "adding a bit on" throws the maths out the window lol. if you have the correct info to input for any car then the maths equations will still be the same equations.