Pic request: people with 195/45 Parada/Rainsport 2s

Hey guys

I'm trying to figure out how to get my wheels to fit the GT without scrubbing like crazy. Currently they're 15x7 ET13 with 195/50 Paradas, and stick out past the outer arch trim about 0.5" and past the inner arch by 1.5"!

The car is on springs ATM but will have Meisters & panhard fitted, -1.2 camber dialled in and the arches rolled, but I don't think this will be enough to prevent scrubbing. I wanna see if switching to 45 profiles will save me from buying new wide arches.

So with that being said, can anyone using 195/45 Paradas or Uniroyal Rainsport 2s please post pics in here of their wheels/tyres so I can see how much room 45s will give me in comparison?

Thanks!

Amjad

Well it really only rubs over bumps and dips in the road, I'd have thought with a lower profile, camber, rolled arch lips and stiffer suspension it might just give me enough room?

Here u go bro

/>http://tyrestretch.com/7_195_45_R15/

Thanks for that! Looks like a few mm might help!

Numbers wise it won't change how much it pokes

It'll just move that poke down

Although with the stiffer suspension from the mieters it might just do it

Yeah I know it won't change the width or anything but hoping a few extra mm of space is all I need, as currently the 50s are quite fat!

I was thinking of running stretch, I'm confident 185/45 would just about clear but I wanna use the car on track so less grip isn't great

I have seen your V, looks good on ET20 with 50 but I need a lot more clearance for my wheels.

I think my GT4 brakes might be giving them an effective offset lower than ET13 as the wheels seem to stick out more than they did on Josh and Lew777's GTs

The rears aren't so bad but the fronts are a bit silly :lol:

Here's some pics of how it stands at the moment, think you can just about see how much they stick out up front

20120929_154645_zps135a8ed2.jpg

20120929_180814_zpsd263daa3.jpg

I think its just one spot not so much constantly, it will be going slightly lower but like I said stiffness, camber, arch roll and lower profile tyres may just about do it?

Edited by Amjad

Thinking a maximum of 5mm lower on the front and maybe 10mm at the back?

When I fitted the wheels on the NA it only rubbed on the front because I set the Meisters too low, the extra stiffness helped a lot on the back.

I do hope so! They did rub on the NA but like I said the front is set TOO low and arches aren't rolled

Just for reference here's how it looked, gutted I couldn't run it (couldn't be bothered raising and getting tracking done again for the sake of a few months lol)

20120928_223200_zps363e0f4d.jpg

20120928_222851_zpse8db143f.jpg

20120928_222354_zpsdc97edf8.jpg

Personally I would get the suspension sorted first, set your height and then see how it goes, you may be able to get away without them being rolled. The front does look pretty low, but if your going to go a little higher than that I think you'll get away with it. The 45 profile will help, but I think your offset may be what stings you.

Offset is relative to the hub amjad. So if the ght4 brakes moved the hub that would make it stick out more

I'd be tempted by some 185/45 or 85/50 if they do a good brand in that size.

I'd get the meisters on first, although a good stance and good handling set up could be difficult. Although rolling arches can make anything work!