Thinking about going forged

I'm finally thinking about going forged to run around 1.3 bar on a td04

I'm currently running 1 bar at 200bhp

Only thing that's put me off was the price of a forged engine but I think it will be worth it in the long run, I didn't just want to jump straight into it at first but I've had starlets for nearly 2 years now and love them! Done a lot of trial and error on stuff but now think its time to go forged

Has anyone ever regretted going forged?

Also would 1.3 bar be ok on a td04?

Cheers, Neil

Therea people running more boost than 1.3bar on td04 pall, IIRC someone has gone to 1.6 but that was hybrid.

There is certainly a few.running around 280bhp at 1.4bar on a standard td04 tho

i used to run 1.6 bar on a td04 but i think it was a bit too much boost for it, 1.4 will b fine, you'll love it, just make sure u really wana do it before u go through with it, so many people start but end up breaking and ends up costing them money.

I've noticed a lot of parts for sale on here from people who wanted to go forged but it fell through, if I was going forged then I would not be backing out!

Has anyone bought one of tuning developments forged engines? I was thinking about building it myself but might be better buying an engine from TD or Race Tech

Neil.

Neil, you should get a quote from newmarket engineering in st ninians for all the machine work, and other work like assemble the short block etc. If you aren't 100 % on doing it yourself. It might work out cheaper than TD or Racetech, and i doubt youd have to wait ages.

I've priced it up aswell and all together it's about 1500 including machine work and I do fancy building it myself but gid the extra cash buying the engine from race tech or TD then I know it's built properly and nothing's gonna go wrong.

Anyone bought a forged lump from TD or Race Tech?