EMB or JAM @ 1BAR CT9, or TD04?

Got a few options here, currently running a JAM ECU and although the car is quick and keeps up with my mates nurburgring I cant help thinking it would be quicker mapped properly as it does run rich with this ECU, but then if I was to get EMB should I got td04 on an adaptor plate from Dean?

Mainly worried about which is safest, td04 or CT9, heard people say engines can let go on TD04 @ 1bar, but also heard the engine isnt working as hard on TD04? Also to anyone who has done the same, what am I gonna notice drivaeability wise?

How about for like an acceleration run? Mine is quick to set off but as it spools so quick in the dry will spin first and second and wet can spin up third as well which is a pain in the arse?

Do you prefer yours overall? Is the power useable?

Tbh I'd try TD04 on the ECU you have at the moment, loads of people have run Plug and Plays on TD04 fine. It's probably what I'll do too when I go TD04!

Deffo get yourself a ride or drive in a TD04 if you haven't already! I'm staying away from them so I don't get bored of my CT9 so soon when I get my GT back on road in Summer haha

But if the argument is CT9 or TD04, TD04 all day! It kicks in later but the small wait over CT9 is so worth it!

There is less stress on the engine with a larger turbo simply because its more efficient. I wouldn't worry about the horror stories, I've had 2 engines, both running ct9's let go on me at stock boost.

Would deffo recommend a programmable management though, so much smoother and safer.

Turbo is personal preference, personally we like the TD04 over the CT9.

Management, mappable everytime over 'plug n play' or 'self learning' and the sort. Have it setup exactly for your car and you wont regret it.

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd