My old castrol 5e Starlet. Anyone got an update?

last time i saw it, it was failing to get £500 on ebay after being listed on gumtree for a while. someone stripped it off it's graphics and painted the bonnet an awful black. was debating buying it myself, but the dents and condition of the paintwork after the graphics were removed put me off in all honesty.

I'd love to see you try that ^^^ the guy that owns it now is hench! :p The stickers were removered because they were not in the best condition, after the stickers were removed, it revealed shocking paintwork so as a temp it was rattle canned Matt white after that then got sold on to the new owner glen who's had it for 3days and is starting to make it his Own.

Edited by lukEp

Surely once you've sold it you loose the right to dictate what happens to it? I'm I wrong? If you wanted it to stay like it was you shouldn't of sold it TBF. A car is only what it's owner wants it to be. If it means removing stuff that's not wanted then that's up to then. I don't understand why you think he deserves a punch square in the face or a slap.

granted, yeh your right you do but it still irritates me that if you put effort into something then someone goes and ruins it. why not just buy a cheap sportif or solida if you wanna rattle can sumthing.

I used to have so much respect for starlet owners but its seriously gone down hill!

im pretty sure youd feel the same way if you sold yours and then found out someone decided to ruin everything you've done.

I think it looked good stickered up, would of been sweet with a full cage and turbo conversion etc proper rally themed. Plus i can see where hes coming from tbh, i broke my black v for fear some cock would ruin 5years of build. If i thought i could sell it to some one who may have carried on along the lines i had i would of sold it. Is like the lad who bout the legendry tc glanza and put a gay td04 on becuase he didnt like lag lol why buy a td06 monster power car if you dont want lag!!! Still this is the world of selling cars lol

Here you go. In all honesty it was a tie between that and my pink sportif. Went for the sportif as I couldn't afford the sr a few months ago and I wanted to do something different as I would have taken the graphics off myself to be fair, and the bodywork was something i didn't want to tackle.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/459ehpio7pxjrpk/YZ4Z0xdEyw

From the e-mails the chap seemed pretty sound in all fairness.

Hi Billy,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you. You are correct this is the same car and aside from the vinyls there were a few issues that needed sorting, however other than bodywork everything that needed doing mechanically has been sorted for the MOT.

I appreciate the situation your in I have another car i'm trying to sell as well. I've recently split up with my girlfriend so getting rid of both my cars for moving out, i also have a van so don't need the cars.

The damage from the previous owner is all superficial, no damage to the sup frames, dents to the bonnet and chips on the front bumper paint work. Both the doors have dents to them, again only light, drivers side had had some body filler work but i was looking to replace both doors at some point. And the drivers rear quarter needs some work on the panel to smooth it over.

The conversion has gone well, the car runs fine with no problems, i haven't checked if the clutch and gearbox are from the 1.3 or the 1.5 but don't have any issues from either. Like i said on the ad the exhaust has been upgraded and also the throttle body is for the turbo. i also have the leads for if you were looking to turbo it.

Ive attached a file with pics but it may not come through on gumtree, if they dont if you send me your email address ill send them to there.

Regards

Steve