R888 vs Federal rsr ? (track use)

I've got yoko advan AD08's hold up pretty good on track but havnt done a massive time on track with them (about the same as you will at japfest) they're about £30-40 cheaper than r888's and reviews dont seem to put them that far apart. Or you can get the AO48's which are a even more so track based tyre from yoko.

But in all honesty for a first time on track and being its only a 20min session, you would be fine with rainsports, prada spec2's or t1r's.

And the other thing is dont worry about going massively fast you could have just as much fun on some budget tyres as it takes driver skill to get around the corner on the limit of what ever tyre it is that you have :)

Can't comment on the ones you mentioned but at 27psi my Rainsports held up perfectly, pretty much no wear on them after a 20min session. It was on my NA but I was on the absolute limit in the corners

Grip was excellent, and the handling couldn't have been improved much more without an LSD, tyres were not really a limiting factor I found

Edited by Amjad

Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay for some part worn r888s/a048s as many people sell them when they get to the road legal limit but they are still ideal for several track days. I have used a048s ready for a few days this year

Yep, as long as they are not dangerous (wire showing etc) then they are fine. Just keep an eye out and you should get some cheap, now is a good time while track days are quiet!

R888 is an excellent tyre, personal preference would be an R888 for me, although the RSR do perform well when the rain comes out!

The Yoko AD08 is another good tyre, impressed by those and the price is good also.

A lot of complaints with tyres are because people run the wrong tyre pressure for the application.

I would advise to pickup some used tyres R888 and the sorts like Hou suggested, learn what suits your driving style and what you're happiest driving on :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd