Meisters plus what else?

100% get a panhard rod as the rear drivers wheel will be forced over toward the outer arch and may scrub the rear passenger will be forced further into the arch, at high speed brakeing this will increase the crabing feeling and the car has a tendancy to want to spin out (as i discovered when decked on tein ha's stamping on the brakes at 130mph with no panhard rod!! on a private road etc etc)

Had mine on lowering springs now on coilovers. I have a panhard but not fitted. It is by no means a necessity and without it you will be fine aslong as you dont slam the coilies on their arse or put 3 people in the back seat.

If you put on the coilies you will be fine for a sensible amount of lowering if you want to go to ridiculous amounts u will need one or your passenger wheel will scrub.

Stick them on mate but make a panhard rod you next purchase.

Edited by StuDoc 72

anything more than about 40-60mm drop and you need a panhard, its to do with having a fixed rear beam suspension set up, your shifting the rear alignment of the car off at an angle. its less to do with scrubing tyres and more to do with the actual alignment. i love people who say na you will be fine with out! you should always fit one as its to correct the issue lowering this type of rear assembly cuases. the lower it goes the more the rear is forced of to one side cuasing a crabing effect at the rear of the car, not always hugley noticable but can cuase issues under heavy brakeing or highspeed cornering especialy, why add a handeling mod half heartedly? then what you have actualy done is made the ride stiffer and firmer but the handeling technicaly worse lol. its basic suspension physics.

Lol not getting involved in the hand bags haha.

All im saying is i dont have mine fitted yet and its been fine i havent noticed any dodgeyness at the back end. Every car sits differently i would defo put it on your to do list.

Your question is do your really need anything else the answer is no. You can fit your coilies if you dont go too low and it will be safe if u dont drive like a dick.

Edited by StuDoc 72

You wouldn't necessarily know the difference until you have one, the rear end is so much more planted on mine now

And if you go quite low then the likelihood is yes you WILL need a panhard rod as the drivers side rear will scrape if the wheels aren't a very high offset

You wouldn't necessarily know the difference until you have one, the rear end is so much more planted on mine now

And if you go quite low then the likelihood is yes you WILL need a panhard rod as the drivers side rear will scrape if the wheels aren't a very high offset

Completely agree with that Amjad effectively what I've been saying.

Cheers mate ill have to have a look out she has to be sitting perfect when get coilovers on, not sure what height to run need to look at what height is best for performance . As the lower you go dosent mean the more go-kart like it gets as I brought my a3 decked as low as could go and I wish had the mushrooms left on by the owner that fitted them , not took them off to get it sitting lower .so could raise the back up.

Not disagreeing or anything, but isnt it the passenger side that will scrub as thats the way the axle gets pushed by it when lowered?

Fixed to chassis on drivers side and axel on passengers?

Not for me dude, mine rubbed driver's side on both cars

Jarrod I can't say for sure, but a bit more than 40mm on rear, and a lot more on the front lol. My front is too low at the moment but when I transfer the coilies to the GT I'll be going as low as I can but still being practical, most likely 45-50mm. Dunno how it is with other brands but Meisters come out of the box around 30-40mm lowered I think?