Ok so, a friend of mine with a glanza knows someone with a gt running a vf35 on standard internals. I've been trying to track down the guy for a while now to ask him about it all, and to see his set up. Anyway, there was a meet lastnight and the gt was there. I left before i could speak to him, as the meet was fucking awful i literally drove in then back out and went home. But this morn i spotted a pic of said gt on fb from the meet lastnight. I asked about it, what boost and power he's running.

Apparently it's running 280bhp on high boost and 235 on 0.6 bar.

I just can't help but thinking that must be absolutely laggy as fuck, and to run 280bhp it's got to be atleast 1.1/1.2bar no?

But on 0.6 bar that's got to just go nowhere? By the time boost comes in you'll be on 7k revs lol!

Discuss.......

Edited by Rbz.

vf35 turbo is big if im not wrong bigger then a td05 i think ? also whats the point in using a vf35 on stock internals ? might as well use td04 ? is it the white ep82 what was on gumtree and all over here ? stating it was forged when it wasnt ?

Yeah dan that;s the guy. I did add him on fb earlier.

I know people in malta run 280 all day long on standard but that's with td04 i'm sure. Obviously there will be the exception of some people who have done it differently.

I can just imagine the lag being insane! And when people say the vf spool is same as a td04, then i start to think the full story is being hidden haha!

The VF series are quite un explored on starlets i think, pretty sure they are all physically bigger than TD04s but they some of them have duel bearings, ceramic roller bearings etc, to improve spool.

But on a stock motor i wouldn't bother.

And like shaun said the guy has probably been lied to about the spec at point of sale.

the vf35 is a massive turbo a few people run them on starlets bean being the one that stands out and they dont spool faster than a td04 by any strech. had a quik look at other threads and when the guy was selling it he was posting up different discriptions of different sites so clearly didnt have a clue be intrested to see if the new owner looks into the true spec and power of the car

The VF35 is similer to the td05 I believe and are able to pump around 350bhp. Ted with the 4paw is the man you wanna speak to, he swears by the VF35.

Nothing wrong with running a larger turbo it is actually beneficial as it puts less strain on the engine as its more efficient than a smaller turbo boosting higher.

Edited by AdamB

VF35s are fantastic, IMO and many others its the best turbo for upto 360Brake on a EJ20, And upto 400lbft of torque, My dads car runs one at 340brake and 390Lbft, And it spools mabye 300rpm later than a td04, But on a different setup (IE Manifold,Downpipe,Full exhaust and a map. It made the TD04 look small TBH, Epic turbo and it pulls alllll the way to the redline from bang on 3k, While the TD04 Was okay from 2700rpm or so, And died at 5k, Epic turbo but probably useless on a starlet unless running 1.6bar Plus!

Has anyone ever seen any proof of these alleged 280+ BHP stock internal starlets from Malta, Jamaica.....etc? And even if this is true how long do they last? I am very sceptical about this and am yet to see any proof at all about it.

Has anyone ever seen any proof of these alleged 280+ BHP stock internal starlets from Malta, Jamaica.....etc? And even if this is true how long do they last? I am very sceptical about this and am yet to see any proof at all about it.

Ask the guys at zisco man! :).