Cleaning polished lip on rota gt3..

What is the best thing to clean the lip on my rota gt3 alloy wheels, I want to bring the shine and glare back out out of them because they just seem so dull. This is my daily so I want something quick and easy to use, also want something that will go in depth for a more thorough clean. Thanks for any info in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

string sisal mop on a drill with cutting compount to rip back the laquer then cloth buffing mop with polishing compound and soft buffing mop with finishing compound and lime juice to finish. you should be able to keep on top of it with autosol although i prefer megs metal polish as its not so harsh :)

Rota lacquer their wheels, so using a metal polish is a no no as its too abrasive, use normal polish/sealent/wax you would normally do so on your bodywork.

If you got lacquer peak you will need to rub them back by wet sanding and polish them back up with the likes of autosol and some 000 fine grade wire wool.

Check out britemaxx metal twins, ones a metal polish, the other is a metal sealent - seals the finish and keeps shiny for longer :)

Poorboys won't do much to protect the bare metal rim, it's quite a light sealant. A harder wax would do a better job but James @CJ Performance was telling me about a very durable sealant for bare metal finishes that works well. Can't remember the name though