Boosting issue

So I bought my car a few days ago and it was running 1.1 bar and from what I can see it still has the standard ecu and no fpr so can't see how the furling has been matched to handle the extra boost. The car has a gizzmo boost controller but from what I can tell it dosent go below a bar so I've unplugged it and its now running around 0.85 bar but would like it to be a little lower and can't I stand why It hasn't gone back to standard boost settings? Anybody got any ideas?

Any help appreciated :)

Mine didn't, and if it won't go lower than .85 bar have you got an adjustable actuator? Or a custom one? Has the high/low boost solenoid been re routed?

And have you got a FCD? Sorry for answering your questions with questions :-P

Mine didn't, and if it won't go lower than .85 bar have you got an adjustable actuator? Or a custom one? Has the high/low boost solenoid been re routed?

And have you got a FCD? Sorry for answering your questions with questions :-P

Still on the standard actuator, the solenoid looks as though it has as there's two pipes coming from the actuator going into a little blue box which I guess would give the psi readings on the boost controller, as for fcd I don't know because I haven't found it yet! The guy told me it had been a mapped but I'm wary on believing him, it still has the standard ecu but by the looks of things the wiring going into it has been butchered, so it's any mans guess what's been wired in!

I'd just like to turn it down for now until I found out what's going on if the fueling in still stock or has been tweaked!

I had the same as this with my car when I brought it mate, swear some people are just dicks, mine was running 1.3bar on stock internals and ct9, all it had was a FCD tucked up behind the glove box, so was running mega weak on full boost, found this pretty quick so reduced the boost to 0.75 jus before fuel cut,took the FCD off, and now its all running within standard specs, just makes me laugh that some people jus ain't got a fu@#Ing clue when it comes to these cars... An like addymk2 said see if the high low boost solenoid has been played with...

to help jim out i had a look for at this for him...

the hi/low boost valve is'nt looped it just has no pipes connected and the pipes from the turbo and the actautor are pushed onto another solenoid valve which i rekon is attached to the boost controller...

it also has a jam racing FCD tucked behind the ECU

it's boosting at 0.8 and slightly above that .....so slightly over stock but maybe its due to the weather being cold it maybe peaking a little

i'm unsure pretty lost atm myself

I take it you're the guy aidan knows?

yup lol

SO hard to try and tell someone to do something when you're not there to do it yourself especially when you fully know how to do it haha!

But yeah that boost shit needs to be looped boyo.

Pic of your engine bay?

Ill take one and upload it shortly mate!

Actuator arm could of been bent? Do you no anyone with a standard actuator you can try?

I'm not too sure to be honest mate

7F21E1CA-BFA8-4EB9-BE13-5AFD28601DB0-203

The blue part with the pipes going into it looks like the new solenoid for the gizzmo boost controller, the black solenoid is obviously the standard one, how should I wire it?

That solenoid is for the Gizmo chap 100%

The Gizmo wont collect boost pressure readings from it tho, there will be a separate vacuum line to the box itself for that.

The fuel cut defender will allow you to go past the standard limit of 0.85bar...

Going up to 0.85bar is perfectly safe tho...

If the car is overboosting at 0.85 with the boost controller duty cycle set to 0 then there will be another reason for it...

Boost Creep - Decat & Filter Relocation Kit

Cracked Wastegate

Adjusted Actuator/Fucked Actuator

Hope this helps!

That solenoid is for the Gizmo chap 100%

The Gizmo wont collect boost pressure readings from it tho, there will be a separate vacuum line to the box itself for that.

The fuel cut defender will allow you to go past the standard limit of 0.85bar...

Going up to 0.85bar is perfectly safe tho...

If the car is overboosting at 0.85 with the boost controller duty cycle set to 0 then there will be another reason for it...

Boost Creep - Decat & Filter Relocation Kit

Cracked Wastegate

Adjusted Actuator/Fucked Actuator

Hope this helps!

So because I have a decat and relocated air filter it will run 0.85 bar?

That may explain it!