Blown my engine...

So think by engine has blown, made a horrible noise, cut out,huge cloud of black smoke behind, pulled over, engine bay is covered in oil and the rest of it was left in a trail on the floor, found a few pits of metal at the back of the engine resting in place which I believe is part of the block.

Great day for me! Anyone got ideas what it could be? Rod out the side?

So think by engine has blown, made a horrible noise, cut out,huge cloud of black smoke behind, pulled over, engine bay is covered in oil and the rest of it was left in a trail on the floor, found a few pits of metal at the back of the engine resting in place which I believe is part of the block.

Great day for me! Anyone got ideas what it could be? Rod out the side?

Yep if parts of the lock are on the floor I'd say rod out If bed. You sure you haven't blow a hole in your gear box or was it a proper knocking :( sad times though mate

I'm not sure of previous driving history, I'm guessing a hard life has been had, I didn't really out my foot down very often to be honest but I did and then it did this, just confused why? Like you sat not mega speck or crazy boost,

On the dyno they put a wideband in the exhaust and said it was slightly lean mid range but it was still well in the safe zone apparently it was not much of a problem unless I wanted to run more boost.

But no coolant had left the engine which makes me think that the hole in in the block and not the head but I've found what looks like a piece of piston in the bay,

Just want to know what could of caused this to happen?

Its possible a rod bolt had wiggled its way loose, came away from the crank and smashed the block. Seen this happen quite a few times. Only real way to know is to strip it down and inspect the components.

Okay so found the 'hole' in the block along with a few others in the block and the sump!

Had the sump off and have found out all damage was to cylinder 4, looking at my flywheel part of it is on show is this supposed to e like this? Here's some pics

F228105E-0939-4965-BF55-BBD302E1905F-181

As you can see part of it is on show, and when it went I was actually going past a gritter lorry and after I had gone past it went, is it possible that something jammed the fly for a second and snapped a rod?

Another one of the fly

2CCE628B-4A41-4417-8364-767C118E886D-181

And what came out the sump

AF01B0A2-6BBF-4200-B3BC-25FAC2B3A2D5-181

Hole also found in the block just below the starter motor

BE2A2FBC-3CDA-449E-89A4-91C98FFF6B77-181

And the piston is still stuck in the top of the cylinder