EP91 NA Engine Upgrade... Which one?

Hey Guys, ok I have basically got my NA EP91 sitting like a full Glanza V Replica, so it looks fast, but is actually so so slow!

Now heres the thing, I want to change the engine, and I know the easy way to go fast is to stick in a 4EFTE... but I would love to be different and put in a bigger NA! Anyone any ideas to suggest on what would be the best NA upgrade?

Ta very much

Glenn.

4AGE or 3SGE. But no engine will drop straight in unless its an E series motor mate, so expect a little bit of work. Would be good to see a lexus V8 in a shell though :p

Edited by AdamB

4age, 3zzge and 3sgte engines have all been put in starlets before. Expect custom / fabrication work for each swap, also splicing looms etc.

Someone needs to man up and put a 2jzgte in their boot though haha.

Someone needs to man up and put a 2jzgte in their boot though haha.

LOL ! The engine would be in the passenger seat by the time you get a gearbox on it! Even a FWD box won't fit if you mounted it horizontally as the shell isn't wide enough.

5efe from the paseo, a pretty much straight swap. 4/2/1 corolla manifold, corolla inlet manifold, k&n panel filter, exhaust and stripping it out would probably be your best bet in terms of n/a :p

Wow, just read your post Morgey... its shattered my dreams! I think its out of my reach, seems Toyota isnt like the Vauxhalls i used to muck about with! I like the sound of Billy's suggestion now...

Sorry to hear :( its a shame its not as easy as buy the mounts drop it in do some wiring away you go!

But it is the reason i chose to go this route, not many people are going to go to the lengths required so it will always be quite a special little car.

Glenn a 5efe is a straight swap but they are hard to find now. 5efe starlet will do 130mph and 0-60 in about 8seconds

I would get the bolt on stuff for the 4efe and drive her hard then when.she dies all the bits bolt straight onto a 5efe

You could buy a paseo for around £400, swap engines and sell on the paseo