Messed up shims

I've stripped my head down and muddled up the shim buckets like a twat.

Are the inlet and outlet shims the same size? Would I be ok to put them back in any old order?

Bit worried now

No, they will need to be measured to get the correct valve clearence.

The inlet and exhaust shims are different sizes also. The exhaust side has larger valve clearences than that of the inlet side.

Oh bollox!!!

Where could I send it to get that done and get the valves lapped in, get it skimmed and have my zisco stem seals put in?

The bill just gets bigger :(

That's not to far, I got my glanza from there. I'll have a search for them and try them out cheers.

If not the whole bloody lots going to mike@td and he can forge it for me lol I'm over budget on it already and havn't even ordered the internals

I don't think they got a website, just like a yellowpages check thing which gives their address. I've used them before and had no problems with them at all.

Theres no such thing as a budget when you own a turbo motor lol.

Bugger that! I budgeted 3 for the engine lol.

It was a spur of the moment decision to turn it into a project tho and I'm working off a weekly wage.

If I had to do it again I'd get the money sorted first.

How the fook can you spend £10k on the engine? I'd expect it to be gold plated for that

Bugger that! I budgeted 3 for the engine lol.

It was a spur of the moment decision to turn it into a project tho and I'm working off a weekly wage.

If I had to do it again I'd get the money sorted first.

How the fook can you spend £10k on the engine? I'd expect it to be gold plated for that

Ah fair enough mate, the shims are a ballache so if you can do without the car let someone else have the hassle of dealing with it lol.

Holy fuck 10k on a 5e ?

Youre not building it yourself then adam ?

Yeah bud building it myself but I'm prob gonna sell my wiseco pistons and pauter rods and go for something custom. Head alone is going to cost around the 4k mark including parts.

The cars been on stands since Xmas so that's no bother, I'm seriously considering just sending the whole lot away and letting some one else forge it tho.

Shit £4k on just the head, that's crazy

I used sawnders motor works in cadnam to shim my last head up. They made new under bucket shims for my solid bucket kit. So stock shims are a walk in the park for them.

There website looks good, they seem to know what they're doing to. Cheers for that

Haha bit like our place then.

I'll give them a ring later and see how much it'll be. The machine shop I've been using don't seem to want to answer there phone today.