Jay's track- fast road glanza v!!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So tunerfest at brands hatch happened.

Brilliant weather, car did excellent.

Got past my pals evo and few other pals from local club.

Really was a cracking day and my glanza didnt miss a beat.

i played with tyre pressures and dropped them to 18 on the front and 22 on the rear.

And they did well much better then a month before at lydden (cant quite yet afford track tyres).

Anyways here are some pictures from people from the stand i was on.

IMG-20150622-WA0007_zpsx4nv9qvg.jpg

IMG_20150623_184344_zpswkmphk1i.jpg

IMG_20150623_184457_zpsitjsodee.jpg

IMG-20150622-WA0009_zpstfhnllna.jpg

IMG-20150622-WA0004_zpsx1q6i0c6.jpg

IMG_20150702_215243_zpsuo9irwgk.jpg

IMG_20150702_215536_zps6tnc5h1l.jpg

IMG_20150702_215658_zps0syq2wra.jpg

gtr was mental. Spoke to the guy its pushing just over 700bhp.

Still looking good Jay!

What tyres are you running at the moment then? Tyre pressures are very low and interesting way that you've gone lower at the front than the rear. Did you not find the front end washing out with flexing the sidewalls?

Shitty t1rs adam..

Personally i run front lower as i did at least 12 laps maybe 14..

And when checked the pressure it was 24 front and 25 rear.

So after few laps the sidewalls didnt flex as much as lydden.

Spoke to a instructor their and he said run those tyres at those pressure,

So went with his reccomendations and was a vast improvemnt.

And i use the back end sliding to dpget front tucked in adam.

But saving for ns2r or ad08r as need a stiffer sidewall and more grip in tractions terms and i will gain a huge amount.

Cheers tho buddy you coming brands on 23rd?

Shitty t1rs adam..

But saving for ns2r or ad08r as need a stiffer sidewall and more grip in tractions terms and i will gain a huge amount.

Jesus Christ, T1Rs have mega soft sidewalls at 32psi, 24 psi must be like driving a boat :lol:

Shitty t1rs adam..

Those hot pressures still seem pretty low lol. As long as you got on alright with them though is the main thing.

I'm in a mad rush to get my car done and ready to get back out asap, but I'm not 100% confident I'm gonna make it with work in the way and everything :(

NS2R are very stiff :)

I've always been advised to run higher pressures at rear too, I thought that was the norm?

I tend to run lower pressure in the rear than the front, purely because there's less weight at the rear (fwd), the lower pressure helps create more friction and helps keep the tyres upto temp better. Plus the higher front pressure keeps a sharp turn in.

Everyone drives different though, just a case of experimenting, I found with the NS2-R's that I like approx 4psi hot increase in the front Vs rear pressures.

Ah great you run them too! The tyres are new to me so I haven't used them on track. Pressures I mentioned earlier were for rainsports (very soft)

I wonder having rear camber would make any difference with regards to what pressure is best to run

I use them on my Civic, tyres start getting expensive when you go to some proper sized tyres haha, so can't grudge paying £200 per corner for AD08's or R888.

A little camber helps with lateral force from the tyres, but doesn't generate a great deal more heat. Weight is a big influential factor, so is spring rate :thumbsup:

Likewise, £200 for a set of stiff grippy tyres is a great deal! Thanks for the advice!

Jay I'm sure you'll like the ones you've mentioned, bang for buck the Nankang are hard to beat

I'd recommend the 120's mate, the cars too light and could run with the softer compound. I run 180's, had 1 trackday and 10k road miles so far, still about 2.5mm'ish of tread left.

Or if you want to be clever, 180's on the front and 120's on the back, might provide a better balance and less faffing with tyre pressures.

Edited by AdamB

The only downside to running two different compounds would be you wouldn't be able to rotate them.

Depends how many road miles you cover really. Could always get the 180's for now, then when you get track wheels bung a set of 120's on them, their cheap enough to do so plus will give you a good comparison.