How have you got your actuator mounted? TD04 people.

Hey guys.

Having a lot of trouble with boosting problems at the moment, feel free to check out my thread in the turbo tech section.

Basically, i got told that if the actuator is mounted wrong then the car won't boost properly. And obviously when you rotate the turbo you can only hang it on by 1 bolt unless you make a bracket. Mine has been on one bolt since i td04'd my car and i've only just started to have problems so i don't even know if it is the actuator or not!?

As my other thread says, i'm literally at wits end and contemplating selling it now. I've been over everything and i honestly don't have a clue what to do any more with it, i've checked everything i can and no one else seems to know what the problem is either.

So feel free to chuck up a picture of how your actuator is mounted to your td04.

Get the manifold of and take it down to a fabricator and get a 38mm pipe diamond flange welded onto the collector, then buy a tial f38 wastegate of idworkz and there you go all your boost problems solved and it will melt your brain when the wastegate opens :)

Lol, i've already got a screamer so i know what it sounds like.. It's mental :p.

I don't really want to start paying out to have a shitty toyosports manifold customized tbh lol. In the long run i will go externally gated but just for now i want it working on internally gated.

If it's not sorted within the next week i'm seeling it, period.

Sell what the turbo kit? You cant sell ya car. Just get actuator mounted proberly, if its not right the actuators might have a hitch when it trys shutting the penny arm when it comes onto boost soo for now just try some copper grease on the part where the actuator arm connects to the wastegate arm, to see if it lubes it a little. Failing that youve gotta do a propa job on that bracket. Its bot worth loosing your rag over that bro

Sell what the turbo kit? You cant sell ya car. Just get actuator mounted proberly, if its not right the actuators might have a hitch when it trys shutting the penny arm when it comes onto boost soo for now just try some copper grease on the part where the actuator arm connects to the wastegate arm, to see if it lubes it a little. Failing that youve gotta do a propa job on that bracket. Its bot worth loosing your rag over that bro

Nope, sell the car man!

As i said in the long run, probably may time i will go externally gated (if i haven't sold it by then). Fucking PIECE OF SHIT.

Love it when it works, dispise the thing when it gives me jip like this.

No dont sell it, I've got well fustrated with mine its untrue. Just keep on with it thats all part of the experience bud. You checked out the guide for when you need to rotate the actuator ??

:(. Nope don't think so man? Do you have a link? I've only seen the one on tgtt with the DIY bracket he made.

you using a hks actuator??i've drilled through my original bracket directly in the middle of the two holes so that it bolts up with half the bracket resting against the turbo if that makes any sense?stops it from flexing at all(or at a least that was the sense behind it) because i noticed when i had it only held in with one of the original holes it had a slight bit of play in it