Air filter/intake location

Heat from the engine would affect intake temperatures. Behind the front grill makes more sense, keeping it in the cold air stream :)

x2, one side of the filter will be sucking in hot air, the other cold. Pointless really, might as well just run the standard airbox.

Think about it, the massive amounts of heat coming off the engine, turbo and manifold all rising up to the top of the bonnet mainly, then think about how little air will get through that tiny bonnet scoop to a filter as apposed to putting it at the front of the bumper for nice clean fresh air to hit the filter.

Just a no brainer imo? :unknw:

Edited by Rbz.

My car seems to go a bit better tbh with no filter and just meshed I tryd boath over the werkend. I'm going to make like a direct cold air feed just straight onto the turbo with some flexible pipe and maybe take out a fog light or cut a circle in the grill and have the other end of the flexible pipe either wer the light was or in the grill and just keep the mesh on the turbo to stop crap getting in

I would only run mesh if it wasn't daily driven you don't want any shit build up in your engine all it takes is a tiny bit crap to get through rather not take that chance, behind the grill seems to be the more chosen route :)

I would only run mesh if it wasn't daily driven you don't want any shit build up in your engine all it takes is a tiny bit crap to get through rather not take that chance, behind the grill seems to be the more chosen route :)

Totally agree with this too. I've seen a thread before where someone actually tested meshed turbo and air filter on a dyno and the car ran better with a filter on due to more direct air getting in.