i have actually got the 1st set released for my build, my head was put on hold for the development of these and from the development i do not think you will be able to knock them as the quality is great.

As regards to rods i know a few years back and i mean a few years they had a dodgy batch which got reasolved. I have used PEC rods in my 1st GT, my brothers car and now using them in my current build and never come across any problems alot of mates have used these in the builds too.

sweet mate, so do you think it would be wise to look in to getting a set for my engine?

I was under the impression PEC rods were good, as I said , I thought a few people use them! TD did in there demo 5e that I have so I guess there stuff is of a decent quality.....

Thats all fine and dandy but theres no doubt excess material there to suit the stock valve guides. Due to the material being different to OEM valves they will expand and contract at different rates.

Ideally to get the most out of them the stem could be cut back and thinned out to reduce mass and a bronze valve guide made to suit.

Also these are not manufactured at all by PEC, these are made by a company called SuperTech and PEC just being a dealer.

Quick google reviews seem that they are very good, but the big boys like Supra's and Skylines would still choose Ferrea.

http://www.supertechperformance.com/

Rob at PEC done the development for these and has had them made by Supertec for PEC to offer these as there product if you know where I am going :)

Rob at PEC done the development for these and has had them made by Supertec for PEC to offer these as there product if you know where I am going :)

Think I get where your going, they are PEC designed and manufactured by SuperTech?

Be interesting to see these in action, for the price you can't complain. Still think they would have been better with some bronze valve guides though.

Spoke to Keith at Zisco and he said they are not needed unless pushing over 450bhp, thats when the stock valves become a restriction, your GT28 Matt is too small :p

Edited by AdamB