distributorless ignition

Ah I thought you was doing a turbo build?

If just doing N/A build use the 5e ecu mate, although you will have to do some extra wiring for the coil packs unless you can get hold of a wiring loom to suit.

Forget the.coilpacks and just run it with your own setup. Where did u get the 5efe because the 5efe with coilpacks as far as I know is the american one with different head and pistons and headgasket etc. would u check the inlet port dimensions as its the quick way of seeing the.difference.

If you where to go with coilpacks you might have to change the engine loom or some wiring, I dont think thats worth it for no horsepower gain and you cant play with the timing like u can on the dizzy

Pistons will make a difference mate.

All the E series heads are the same afaik, its only the cams and springs which differ.

If you run the dizzy it will be plug and play with the 4e ecu and 4e loom.

NO NO the gen2 head is different. The intake ports are different so our uk or jdm dont fit.

The pistons are different too. I would fit your uk head and use the gen2 metal headgasket cause its the same as the 0.6mm TRD only cheaper.

You need to go on tercelreference

NO NO the gen2 head is different. The intake ports are different so our uk or jdm dont fit.

The pistons are different too. I would fit your uk head and use the gen2 metal headgasket cause its the same as the 0.6mm TRD only cheaper.

Had a thought.. If I do the above, use 4efe pistons and 4efte valve springs, this would increase compression and increase power? I think? Just looking to get the most from the 5e

There wouldn't be enough clearance to run the 4efe high dome pistons. With the thinner headgasket youll get plentymore compression. Dont use the 4efte valve springs because u cant raise the rev limit using those conrods.

With the uk head and corolla manifold plus whatever 4branch exhaust u decide to use youll see 115bhp and 130mph using the 4efe gearbox.

Edited by rmsnoel