Whats up with TGTT.com cant use my username and password. Plus is it true you have to pay to be a member now on the site ? Doubt I'll be registering if it is especially if its alot.

Regards,

Daniel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see why we have to pay now ... I doubt new people will be joining the forum now. Probably everyone will start joining here. Might pay them but I'm not registering for now. Will see how many members join and than I'll see.

MMmmmmmmmm..... i'm undecided atm

Yes i do think it's a good idea to move to a better host and that this should be funded by the members......

BUT..... tgtt.com is going to lose soo many members and so much knowlage from the non-starlet owners who contribute, why would they want to pay to post on a starlet forum?

might of been a better idea for members to pay to sell, up-load pics, have a signature, special members area, garage, and other privileges.

10euro per member, per year, hundreds of members, it's going to raise soo much money, is the hosting of the site really that expensive?

loads of people on msn still arn't sure if there gonna pay, i'm in the same boat, gonna wait a few days to see how it goes!

yes 10euros is fuck all, but when you start asking people to hand over money to post on a site, your going to lose members by the hundreds!

can see UKSC getting busy :p

MMmmmmmmmm..... i'm undecided atm

Yes i do think it's a good idea to move to a better host and that this should be funded by the members......

BUT..... tgtt.com is going to lose soo many members and so much knowlage from the non-starlet owners who contribute, why would they want to pay to post on a starlet forum?

might of been a better idea for members to pay to sell, up-load pics, have a signature, special members area, garage, and other privileges.

10euro per member, per year, hundreds of members, it's going to raise soo much money, is the hosting of the site really that expensive?

loads of people on msn still arn't sure if there gonna pay, i'm in the same boat, gonna wait a few days to see how it goes!

yes 10euros is fuck all, but when you start asking people to hand over money to post on a site, your going to lose members by the hundreds!

can see UKSC getting busy :p

Exactly what I was thinking !

it's going to reduce quantity of members, but also the quality of infomation for sure! :p

i'll probs bite the bullet and pay in the end because of the people i've met on there and i enjoy reading/posting on there

i just don't think it's going to be the same TGTT.com that we all know and love with the bulk of members who no longer own starlets leaving!

my view on this....

Its an excellent idea me thinks.... Your not paying to post on a forum your paying to be part of a knowledgeable and helpful community that are there to help when you need about your car or any information for that matter..... replied are instant pretty much and alot of friendly people....

They've helped me out soo many time and vise verser, for a mere £7 a YEAR which is fuck all unless your a stingy bastard i think its more then worth it.....

Theres already 80 odd members on there and its only just started up today.... will have to see who truly appreciates a good site.......

I've not signed up simply because i dont have a debit or credit card, but am a little worried just payed for a TD04 kit and now can't talk to the trader for addresses and shipping details. Think i have his correct email though. Does Sacha post here?

120 members joined, most like me who thought they'd at least be able to post with some sort of posting limit!

don't get me wrong, i'm not bitching about the fact that members have to pay, just that we're going to lose all the ex-starlet owners with the years of knowlage they hold between them!

i'm going to pay anyway, but i think it would of been a better idea to limit non-paying members to 30 posts a month or something just so we don't lose all the old members, then if people want to contribute more they can pay!

Im a little annoyed i actually dont have £7... and i used to put alot of effort into the Kent meets where i introduced alot of members on there to eachother and then took my own time to make sure they went well.

Im sure its good in some ways, not for a fairly dedicated member like me thats been on there years. I have to agree with alot of what Ryno has said.

Ill probably pay when i get the cash. But this is probably where the whole UKSC vs TGTT is gonna take effect, because now theres a solid reason.

I think if they'd put the fee down by a third of the price it would be bit fair .. but 10euros a year ... and having allllllll those members is a bit over the top. I would have made the traders pay for the site cause at the end of the day they are earning money from the site and not us daily posters....

jay, what the fuck?

paying to FUCKING POST?

even for members that have been with the site since the first fucking incarnation?

please, thats absolutely rediculous. just a little nest egg for macker and yourself eh :p

even the elitests of the mk4 supra forums, gtr owners club etc allow general posting, but obviously payment needed for sell anything, to charge for just general banter, is ludicrous.

luckily uksc can only benefit from this absolutely rediculous situation.

Im not saying i joint in the TGTT vs UKSC thing by the way. but i think i been on there since about early 2005, assisted in helping and stuff and suddenly im not allowed to post.

The members make a forum.

jay, what the fuck?

paying to FUCKING POST?

even for members that have been with the site since the first fucking incarnation?

please, thats absolutely rediculous. just a little nest egg for macker and yourself eh :p

even the elitests of the mk4 supra forums, gtr owners club etc allow general posting, but obviously payment needed for sell anything, to charge for just general banter, is ludicrous.

luckily uksc can only benefit from this absolutely rediculous situation.

Jeez it aint the end of the world, have an opinion by all means but fuck me, you sound like you wana kill someone over it....

no1 forceing you to sign up and pay...... So dont.

thats the joys of uksc jay, freedom of speach without being censored, you're not a fucking moderator here mate, deal with it :p

you still havent answered my question though, OTHER than a bloody nest egg, whats the reasoning for being absolute cockbags and forcing a membership fee for even general discussion?

the reasoning for quality control is bullshit, because not even the GTROC and MK4Supra lot do what you have done, and they are the ELITEST of the lot, so i'm really in disarray to exactly why this has been done.

It's no skin off my back, the sites been going downhill for quite some time, plus you know this site can only benefit, but even still, its a MASSIVE shame because its taken away that special something that made it actually worth going to once in a while.

I doubt i'll be paying for the "privilige" of posting! I can understand the costs must be big but if you set something up like an owners forum then you know the deal on running it.

To sell stuff i wouldn't mind a charge eg: 1 euro per item for 30 days but just to post is daft!

Please keep the bad language down guys as it can easily affect other members, by all means please continue to air your own personal opinions as there are a lot of good points being raised on the matter but please be more civil.

Thanks.

Joz

UKSC Moderating Team

Yeah I'm an enthusiast aswell. Might sign up later on during the year cause at the moment the site looks like a mess so will leave it for now. Jay if you can .. remind Toby to send me the Whiteline products please as I paid for them before summer and I still dont have anything...

Anyone that knows me knows I'm the enthusiast. Pure and simple.

I agree with you, you've give dozens of members freebies for fucks sake, shows your not after the pennies.

Anyway Jay, I've just paid but it still won't let me post :p

this is weard

ecksjay your banned mate, from recent pms and your language you know why.

if your really bothered about being able to post send me an email dude

fist time ive had to do that.

to everyone else chill with the language please does not make for great reading