Think the older members shouldn't have to pay, i.e like the ones that has been on there for a few years or so, wipe all the newbies and make them pay :p hehe

Are you being serious shelly ?

Isnt that a tad harsh to say the least?

Some of the mods are the main ones who snap at people!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mine a free TGTT sticker for my £6 :p

Not being funny, but if everybody was to pay 10euros each, they could at least send off some website vinyls.

I highly doubt ill ever sign up and pay if the bitchyness doesnt stop.

Thats why i live on this site, everybodys laid back.How it should be :(

looks like ive hit a nerve.

im glad it isnt just me and other people feel like they are being shit on.

steve, some of the mods on there are good (jay for example is a good moderator) but others are just cocks who use the mod status as a lever to cunt people off.

craig made a good point up there about traders....

theres only so much stuff you can sell to the few people who actually pay to be members... what happens when they are done? do you really expect some new starlet owner to pay up to join a forum they havnt even got the fel of? like fuck will they! theyll see the payment thing, and close it down!

i think this is the beginning of the end. few years down the line youll have a few boys on there paying up for it. but itll only be a few hundred if there lucky.

macker will have to pen a public section, because it simply wont work. other car clubs who have payable memberships offer discounts on items/insurance etc. im not really sure that tgtt will as its a (with respect) 2 bit operation run in mackers/jays spare time. thoe other clubs have full time dedicated people sorting out sales and deals.

like i said before, its a crying shame.

Amen Rick.

Thats exactly what i mean about other clubs offering little packages.

Totally agree with you, all it means is you will still be seeing more and more starlet owners driving about, but there will be less "oh i recognise you off of tgtt.com.

No doubt itll soon be, oh youre ---- off of uksc :p

I agree with you too about them having to create a public setion to get a bit of interest, people wont pay untill they have a feel and start enjoying to post on the site.

Thats the good thing about having a donations tab.If youre a regular user of the site, donate.Dont force people to pay unless there is some kind of benefit from it.

Be honest now shelly :( will you be paying up to become a member?

Guest 180kph

look if you dont want to join then don't.

As macker said subscription members will be getting merchandise (TGTT Key Ring,Hint Hint)

All of the comments about keith using this as profit what kind of man would stay up for three days just to get the lod site back on,and he also mentioned unpaid members will be getting a post limit not NO POST

And if you's all enjoy helping people out then surley £7 isn't too much if this is your true calling,maybe yu could register under the messiah.

i have the a hell respect for Keith and all the others,if you think you can run a website "in your spare time" why dont you try it.

Anyone that bitches about Keith and starts makining up rumors of him pocketing money should be fucking bitchslapped ya wining cunts.Just take the 10note out of your handbag(careful not to show the tampons) and give it

Wining group of bitches

Sorry for the language mods but it had to be said

on the plus its a good first post lol

I do run a website in my spare time, an I'm a self-confessed nOOb :p:(

(admittedly it only has 19 members though :p )

Back on topic though.....

Will be a shame though in that it'll lose a lot of input for technical discussion, but the inane stuff won't be as frequent, which is a positive i suppose

look if you dont want to join then don't.

As macker said subscription members will be getting merchandise (TGTT Key Ring,Hint Hint)

All of the comments about keith using this as profit what kind of man would stay up for three days just to get the lod site back on,and he also mentioned unpaid members will be getting a post limit not NO POST

And if you's all enjoy helping people out then surley £7 isn't too much if this is your true calling,maybe yu could register under the messiah.

i have the a hell respect for Keith and all the others,if you think you can run a website "in your spare time" why dont you try it.

Anyone that bitches about Keith and starts makining up rumors of him pocketing money should be fucking bitchslapped ya wining cunts.Just take the 10note out of your handbag(careful not to show the tampons) and give it

Wining group of bitches

Sorry for the language mods but it had to be said

on the plus its a good first post lol

Nobody has compained about Keith,

It does take a lot for them to run a forum on such a scale.

What were saying is, they will have a lot of people getting upset about paying if theres still the bitchyness on there.

Put it this way, if uksc needed £10 a member to continue, i wouldnt think twice about it.The monet would go straight over.

Its pennys in real terms, We all respect the forum owners.

But as its been said, SOME of the mods do seem to use there powers to overkill.

If it has a few very minor changes, i will pay the fee and no doubt all the old members will too.

haha u have to love the 'sudden' increase of members joinin UKSC in the last day just so they can argue and slabber at eachother about ANOTHER forum! makes us here on UKSC feel REAL special, thanks for that! :p:(

here's how i see it, this is UKSC! yes u TGTT lot are having a serious issue which i truly hope u's can sort out but if u still have your free forum site piss off and argue about this crap over there and keep your foul language off UKSC! last thing we want here is for the plesant environment we have spent a few years developing and maintaining being shit all over because all these people who are so (and i quote) "bitchy" on TGTT come over here to continue their crap!! i personally dont know who these 'bitchy' mods and members are but if that kind of crap starts on here just because your own forum has changed its ways then i as a mod for one am not gonna tolerate it. i dont throw my weight around on UKSC ever, its not my style or that of our other mods, we simply aim to assist Geo when and where we can but i personnally think its rather offensive that people have only joined our club which they CLEARLY never gave 2 shits about before (or indeed would already have been members of UKSC) simply so they pollute our site with slagging matches and bad language!

Phil.

I won't be paying at the moment Glanza_ragger, i just don't have 7quid to waste on posting at the moment as i don't post alot of tgtt, mainly used for browsing, only time i post is when asking for help/advice, or updating my members car section.

But with all the members on tgtt, 7quid per member is a load of money in a year.

Wow, i never thought that something like this could turn so ugly so soon. All i know is that i don't have £7 to pay someone else so that i might be heard within a group. I think its been a long time coming, charging for tgtt.com. However i do feel that within the "group" more could and can be done.

Why does everyone seem to think that (and i mean NO disrespect with this, so no shots at me people!) Macker etc have the sole rights on the Starlet forum idea. Its the internet people. Anyone that can right HTML code can make a forum and YOU can pay for it (that would be very nice of you by the way lol).

So what i'm getting at is that if everyone wants to start a real, paying, hardcore. Starlet group with discounts on insurance etc. Go for it. You never know Macker with the rest of the TGTT.com staff and the UKSC.com crew might already be planning to join forces. This could make one of the largest groups out there. Just needs time and a good set of heads to think this one through.

Just a thought, think of 200+ starlets all at the beach in the summer (yes not this year!) with 20 or so BBQ's glowing away. Thats a nice family atmosphere, i think everyone would agree with?

stu :p

Just a thought, think of 200+ starlets all at the beach in the summer (yes not this year!) with 20 or so BBQ's glowing away. Thats a nice family atmosphere, i think everyone would agree with?

stu :p

i have toughts like that,

thats an awsome idea.

sorry to side track but something similar to the scooby shootout or mitsubishi lancer register day would be ace, one day this might happen :(

that would be lush geo, but i doubt t would happe with any tgtt boys. you know the attitude over there.

and to answer 180kph's questions.

this payment thing is sheer profit, they were already getting 800+ euros a year from trader accounts to pay for the site. and also macker has that awesome beg going on for his supra that had raised a good few quid... if this happened to uksc, then yes, id help, but i know it would be genuine and it wouldnt be a tenner just to post... ge isnt a cunt and it would only be enough to cover running costs.

and, i do help people, if youve been on there for any length of time you will notice that i help out lots on there, and to suggest i should pay for this, are you stupid?

it will be like that for all of the knowledgable members, youll end up with loads of noobs like you on there, throwing about all your bullshit information and it will just be a jumble of bullshit.

all you new boys who have joined here can go back to your elite forum and pay all you like. its still bullshit and youre paying to be part of the elitist crowd.

and for your information, i can, and do run a successful website/business in my spare time, so hat little dig didnt really work did it?

Well, i'm just thinking that if people want to choose that route, then let them.

Enzo, would be a good idea. To get a proper starlet day at some point. Not sure what the outline of the day could or should be, but so everyone has the chance to enjoy themseleves. Think a thread needs to be started on this....

i have loads of ideas already for one that will be like a national day, to find the fastest ep in the country, very similar to the scooby shoot out, just need to find sponsorship as it will be expensive, havent posted anything yet as not to deflate the idea stu :p

hi again all..

as i have stated, we are making plans for non paid members still to be able to post...

we are just finalising the setup and will have it open again for members to post..

it was never our intention to have a no-pay no-say policy.. i cant stress this enough!!

we had planned on having a system where paid members get access to host a gallery etc..

when it is installed and have extra perks etc.. however the whole thing with our old host canceling us really did put a spanner in the works :p and i can only appolagise for anyone inconvienenced by this...

please bear with us while we work out this mess..

thanks all for reading