Just pure curiosity

Theres a detailed spec on here somewhere (I'll search later) but the final gear on the 6 speed box is almost identical to that on the 5 speed box. You get no added cruising benefits just a shorter stack from 1st through to 5th.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_C_transmission#section_2

The C56 is the box fitted to a Glanza

0.815 5th gear ratio

4.312 Final drive ratio

The C60 is the 6 speed box

0.725 6th gear ratio

4.529 Final drive

Using this calculator:
http://www.teammfactory.com/gearcalculator.php?kmh=0&tirewidth=195&tireprofile=55&wheelsize=15&tirediameter1=23.44&maxrpm1=7500&finaldrive1=4.312&gearratio1=3.23&gearratio2=2.105&gearratio3=1.458&gearratio4=1.107&gearratio5=0.815&gearratio6=0&trannytype=&tirewidth2=195&tireprofile2=55&wheelsize2=15&tirediameter2=23.44&maxrpm2=7500&finaldrive2=4.529&gearratioa=3.23&gearratiob=2.105&gearratioc=1.458&gearratiod=1.107&gearratioe=0.725&gearratiof=0&trannytype=&tranny=Calculate+Transmission+1+%26+2

the 6th gear is slightly longer, only a smidgen.

Say your cruising at 80mph with the 5 speed box, on 15s in 5th with 195x55 tyres you will be cruising at around 3950RPM.

At 80mph with the 6 speed box again on 15s in 6th with 195x55 tyre you will be cruising at around 3650RPM.

Not a bad little difference. But then with the tiny 1st couple of gears in the 6 speed box is it going to drive you mental shifting all the time lol although 2nd gear launches would be reasonable :p

Don't quote me on this but I think they're restricted power wise to 250bhp area before they're at risk of spewing. I may well be wrong though. They're corola gearbox's

rubbish.

there is no hard evidence of this. capable of much more than that!

the 6 speed boxes r closer ratio than normal, not by much. also its never a bad thing havin a 6th gear, il be getin 1 for my conversion

rubbish.

there is no hard evidence of this. capable of much more than that!

the 6 speed boxes r closer ratio than normal, not by much. also its never a bad thing havin a 6th gear, il be getin 1 for my conversion

No hard evidence but big power starlets have a habit of stripping standard gears, the 6 speed box has thinner discs? (Terminology is shocking there but I think you know what I mean!)