Another set of melted pistons after remap...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha thanks for the comments, although what is the issue with running standard fuel lines, they are metal pipes the same as the ep82 and there were clean as a whistle, as for the hitting the rev limiter while i was running it in, I had already done over 1000 miles on the engine so it was well run in already!!

So would appreciate you not talking utter shite, pistons dont melt because you built a bad engine. Its down to timing/fueling or the map!

Reading this i am livid though with funny onions car, the piston damage is EXACTLY the same as mine WTF!!! All 4 of mine had gone too while driving at 100mph+

how can you compare this too taggys ? taggy was runnin standard fuel lines for an ep70 and sat at jae bouncing of the limiter whilst running it in, down too a poorly built car imo.
I had my standard engine mqpped by td on td04 and that lasted 8 odd months off hard abuse till it died when i cooked it beingva doomroid,
what spec is the car charlotte ?

Edited by Taggy

Ha ha thanks for the comments, although what is the issue with running standard fuel lines, they are metal pipes the same as the ep82 and there were clean as a whistle, as for the hitting the rev limiter while i was running it in, I had already done over 1000 miles on the engine so it was well run in already!!

So would appreciate you not talking utter shite, pistons dont melt because you built a bad engine. Its down to timing/fueling or the map!

Reading this i am livid though with funny onions car, the piston damage is EXACTLY the same as mine WTF!!! All 4 of mine had gone too!

I'm a girl! Lol. But yeah uncanny :/ shit creek- population 2 haha

I think before this goes any further that if there are issues they need to be taken up with the lads at Td as it is between them and the owners of the cars.

Mike mate that clear in Taggy's thread.

feel really bad for you, sorry i knew you were a girl i put him by accident ha ha!!! you read it before i could edit it lol.

Is strange though, in 4 years of starlet ownership i have seen maybe 2-3 posts on melted pistons and those were usually due to injector failure etc, now i have seen two posts in the same month!!

I was convinced timing was the problem, now with you as well I am certain with it, either that or we have just be REALLY unlucky lol!!

Reading this i am livid though with funny onions car, the piston damage is EXACTLY the same as mine WTF!!! All 4 of mine had gone too while driving at 100mph+

if there was such a problem with the fueling/ignition itd have shown up on the dyno.

what were you running before the e manage ?

I had mine done very soon after you Charlotte, hope its not something they've missed across the board :/

I've kept my wide band in since and if anything my afrs have been on the rich side.

Maybe a silly question, did you mount the EMB where you can see the lights? I have been told about EMBs losing the map before and therefore mounted mine so I can see the lights from it? Probably a stupid thought but you never know

if there was such a problem with the fueling/ignition itd have shown up on the dyno.

what were you running before the e manage ?

i was running stock ecu, Fcd and rrfpr, so would have been rich as hell

then put onto emanage blue

Think i am defo putting a wideband on 2nd time around

im off to TD friday for Emanage fit and map

We will look out for your melted piston post

Can't believe you guys try and defend these guys it's clear there doing something wrong

There not arsed they have your signature a there disclaimer and you ££££££ in there pocket

When will lessons be learnt

I'm intrigued as too who you are?

You only seem to post to slate TD....

Can't believe you guys try and defend these guys it's clear there doing something wrong

There not arsed they have your signature a there disclaimer and you ££££££ in there pocket

Yeah that's why they've not offered to try and find the problem

Sorry forgot you were an expert and ran your own tuning company and mapped hundreds of cars in your life time.

If you haven't got anything productive and helpful to say don't bother. Thanks :)

Did think this was a bit harsh, I'm sure IF there was a problem at TD Mike and the team would do there to correct the fault and help out any one affected by it.