Another set of melted pistons after remap...

What fuel pressure/pump were you running? I'd say that's an unforseen thing.

Cavitation (correct me if I'm wrong here) is when a fuel line/pump gets blocked by something like an air block isn't it? When the pumps under too much pressure for it to handle/a rapid change in pressure?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What fuel pressure/pump were you running? I'd say that's an unforseen thing.

Cavitation (correct me if I'm wrong here) is when a fuel line/pump gets blocked by something like an air block isn't it? When the pumps under too much pressure for it to handle/a rapid change in pressure?

Yeah it's pretty much air in the system

High fuel pressure is backed against the pump but running low on fuel or cornering can cause cavitation also.

I blew my walbro pump last week due to cavitation while practicing on track.

Would have blown my engine only id a decent handle and checks in place with standalone Ecu that caught the failure

(pump failure is rarely catastrophic but the effects on your engine are)

Sounds like whether or not there was anything that could be levelled at Td you definitely had taken bad advise on components, and that may well be aimed at Td I'm not sure.

Phil

I was not in any way advised on the injectors, and ultimately i put it down to that. but it could have been other things like i say.

id worry if you havent changed your pump since that your new bigger injectors are just hiding a serious issue (slow death of a fuel pump)

injectors wont all fail at once so you wouldnt have an issue across the board (4x cyclinders)

stock injectors can flow enough 95ish % for 250+ hp.

but behind what may not be an ideal setup you have to remember that a fuel pump failure is something you cant help nor anyone else.

if it has be cavitating in its lifespan chuck it out.

Phil

Dummies were spat out and it's been hidden as there's already a topic about it (this one) and apparently it was "all sorted"...

Lol. Don't really understand why people were jumping to the defence if it was a negative feedback thread. Keep it at that. There's a positive feedback section for just that

I appreciate the comments mate (and i'm not being sarcastic just in case it sounded like i was haha) but she's been running spot on for nearly 2 years now since Will mapped it so i'm not bothered about trauling back through what might have failed, the pump was tested, injectors changed etc etc, as with all cars he maps, Will performs a very thorough PDI- bores inspected with bore scope etc by Will on the PDI and it's never missed a beat since he mapped it. I'm happy to say i've had a lot of fun in it with no major issues since his remap *touch wood*.

Meh, I've already said I've no opinion for or against TD and I don't.

But to suggest that being in the negative feedback allows anyone to vent without correction is pure nonsense.

This thread is based on someone's sad account of component failure (according to the poster)

But yet a lot of the 'feelings' are directed at a company who it would appear had very little to do with the failure, but who may have treated you like they didn't care much for your woes.

They are entitled to not care, just as you are to feel aggrieved.

None of the above feelings have anything to do with components failing.

tuning starlets must be every tuners nightmare.

Phil