Another set of melted pistons after remap...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD tuned my car (39k since rebuild with proof) 221.8 at 1bar on 95 ron fuel, mapped on 21/12/2012. Daily abuse in all gears and to date so far no failure of anything. Could still happen but engine feels very strong and healthy on weekly compression tests!

Number 2 has cracked a ringland and is out of round by around 2mm, 1 and 3 are out of round by around 1.2mm i believe.

Pistons 2 and 4 are the worst out of the lot.

Which now leads me to believe something could have gone adrift with the wiring to the emanage blue.

Due to 1 and 3 not having as much damage as 2 and 4 it could possibly be a incorrect signal from the emanage altering the duration of the injectors.

A bad soldered joint or something could have caused the resistance in the wiring to change. Just a shame that it happened to be an injector signal wire.

More investigation is being carried out in due course.

Did u check that the emanage is an original, if the usb slot is white its a copy.

i cant see that being the problem, even if it was a copy and if there was a issue with it then it would have been picked up on the dyno

never heard of a issue with them copys its just a big usb stick anyway, if its copy then it will be the same as the oem one as greddy get them made in china anyway

The amount of speculation in this thread is unreal :p By the time your finished your going to have every sensor/gauge under the sun wired up!

Glad it's sorted(ish), one of my favourite Starlets on here!

Out of interest, who won?

I'd personally be blaiming it on going 2s up! I heard if it was only you in the car he would of been a speck in the mirror? LoL

(Before it blew up anyway!)

Edited by Addymk2

I was thinking about this today (when things confuse me I tend to dwell on them :-P )

It's obviously ran lean to go like that, in your spec you say you have a SARD FPR? There are probably more fake SARDs on the market than genuines, they have a tendancy to fail/fuck shit up. Are you 100% that its running faultlessly?

I was thinking about this today (when things confuse me I tend to dwell on them :-P )

It's obviously ran lean to go like that, in your spec you say you have a SARD FPR? There are probably more fake SARDs on the market than genuines, they have a tendancy to fail/fuck shit up. Are you 100% that its running faultlessly?

As far as I know it is, and it was fitted for ages before mapping and surely it should've been obvious on the dyno? :/

It's going for a remap a week on Thursday

May have uncovered the potential cause of the problem, but I need to have more of a look etc. think it may be a problem with the injector wiring (ecu end not engine bay end). Not sure yet though.

Keep us in the loop, in the mean time I might grow a beard to quizzically scratch :-P

Hahaha :D

Ill post on here any findings. It could be a poor connection from when the emanage was fitted or it could be nothing to do with the loom. Either way the map and loom is all to be checked a week on Thursday :)

Ill post on here any findings. It could be a poor connection from when the emanage was fitted or it could be nothing to do with the loom. Either way the map and loom is all to be checked a week on Thursday :)

Please let us know the findings whatever they do happen to be, then that way if anything has been missed we can all check?

Glad you've managed to get it running so quick anyway :)

It's the big day :-P come on duck this beards getting itchy :D

rev had the same problem..took his car all the way down from scotland,went to t.d. they mapped it he put it back on his trailer to get back to his fathers place ,took the car off the trailer for a bLAST 10 minutes later..BANG!!

i HAD MY CAR MAPPED BY CHRIS FROM C.C.M. ON MY OLD STANDARD ENGINE ON MY OLD EMU SET UP AT 1 BAR TD04 RAN FOR OVER 2 YEARS NO PROBLEMS,THEN I FITTED A CONTMINATED ROCKER COVER TO THE ENGINE AND IT TOOK OUT MY BOTTOME END..:(,WAS A GREAT EXCUSE TO GO FORGED THOUGH:)..NOW RUNNING 1.5 BAR ON TD04 MAPPED BY MATTY AT WALLACE PERFORMANCE IN ABERDEEN 275 BHP:),WITH 80% DUTY ON INJECTORS(460'S),I CAN'T RECOMEND EITHER CHRIS OR MATTY HIGHLY ENOUGH

Edited by turboloon

This is the big day lol went to pull the map off before remapping it and it was locked :/ so no secrets were found there lol. Just done a full pdi and about to start mapping.

It seemed the base fuel pressure was high, and the fuel pump was likely cavitating under high load because of how much pressure it was having to provide. Hopefully see how it goes l