Meet / Event Organisers for specific areas.

Main show stands are already organised by a selcet few and they do a fantastic job already. I dont think we need to worry about the Main shows. Its always good to have an extra paid of hands when it comes to setting up at shows etc.

With regards to Local Meets, I think an organiser or someone that can organise a time and a place etc could work. It would need to keep down to countys or whatever otherwise there would be loads of people trying to organise meets.

Something for the moderators to think about I guess. Realisticaly I dont think this will happen.. Just my view.

Matt

Main show stands are already organised by a selcet few and they do a fantastic job already. I dont think we need to worry about the Main shows. Its always good to have an extra paid of hands when it comes to setting up at shows etc.

With regards to Local Meets, I think an organiser or someone that can organise a time and a place etc could work. It would need to keep down to countys or whatever otherwise there would be loads of people trying to organise meets.

Something for the moderators to think about I guess. Realisticaly I dont think this will happen.. Just my view.

Matt

I think the same buddy

Its mainly Northern Ireland / Ireland. I can't remember seeing a UKSO stand at any of the shows over here.

I do understand where your coming from here as since the Facebook page, there are more and more overseas starlet owners joining UKSO. Just another way UKSO is getting bigger and better imo. Why don't you try and speak to some of the event organisers like John (Ro55ifumi) and Steve GT.

It's really just a case of getting the all clear to go and organise a stand over in Ireland for the bigger shows in Ireland. At the end of the day, if you have a UKSO stand, you are representing the whole forum and not just the Irish members of the club.

I'm not sure what Main Events you guys have over the pond so I can't really comment on that. A lot of Irish members make the long trip over here for the main events such as Japfest's and JAE.

Matt

Edited by Matt1878

there has never been a UKSC / UKSO stand at any shows over here. Plenty of us have shown our cars, but never in an organised stand.

its probably worth discussing, see what the general consensus is.

It may require further investment in terms of banners and things if it goes ahead, because i do NOT want Rob/John/Steve shipping banners over here from the mainland for a weekend and then them being returned to them for safe keeping, thats not going to work.

other than that, it's worth discussing certainly. there will probably need to be some criteria, like how much the person is active on the forum (no use having a rep who only logs in once a week), things like that. This would probably be more of a "local meets" thing for the mainland, as the big shows are already well covered, although over here is a different matter as nothing is organised. A club stand at the likes of Harmony Hill would be good to see here.

Phil.

there has never been a UKSC / UKSO stand at any shows over here. Plenty of us have shown our cars, but never in an organised stand.

its probably worth discussing, see what the general consensus is.

It may require further investment in terms of banners and things if it goes ahead, because i do NOT want Rob/John/Steve shipping banners over here from the mainland for a weekend and then them being returned to them for safe keeping, thats not going to work.

other than that, it's worth discussing certainly. there will probably need to be some criteria, like how much the person is active on the forum (no use having a rep who only logs in once a week), things like that. This would probably be more of a "local meets" thing for the mainland, as the big shows are already well covered, although over here is a different matter as nothing is organised. A club stand at the likes of Harmony Hill would be good to see here.

Phil.

Agree with Phil for over the water, it would be good to expand to have stands at shows in Ireland so let's explore.

As for the UK, now that's another problem, and please don't shoot me down.

There are at least a possible 7 events, i was asked to sort PPC day and guess what only me attending with the Track Ninja crew.

There are enough meets and there is nothing stopping people getting together at local meets but being area rep is not going to pull people together, if you want to do it then just put a thread up with time place etc and run with it, but what you need to remember at all times you are representing UKSO

Just my 2p

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

Thanks for the input. It would be great to see UKSO stands at local shows. I'm happy and sure other members are happy to make a donation to have banners etc.

Yeah I completely agree with both of you guys. We don't want to be booking a stand and no one turning up, as that would look bad for the club also. As there are alot of local forums (RMS, Japdreamz, Showerkz, BCS etc) I'm sure members of UKSO are other sites who own Starlets would be interested in joining a UKSO stand, which could increase the attendance of UKSO stands.

I'm not sure if TGTT have a stand, I don't think I've seen on either. Would it be worth merging at shows in N.I. & Ireland and having a split banner, due to fewer members? (or is that anarchy? lol)

Now that I'm back on the road, I'm hoping to attend most of the shows this year and get to meets as well. I know there is a long process in organising things like this, but if we could get something up and running for 2014 and hopefully have a large UKSO pressence at the likes of, Harmony Hill, UCS, Heatwave, NI Jap Show, Coolnights, just to name a few.