Gearbox Removal - Leave engine supported by single mount ?

Hey guys

Pulled off my gearbox from the EP82 with a stand + plank of wood under the sump just so the mount doesn't flex.

I was wondering if you guys do it this way ?

So passenger side mount and rear mount (gearbox) removed to lower the box off the motor with the motor mount still connected to the motor.

Or is it better to drop the whole motor with box and do it that way ?

Or getting a jack under the motor to hold it up so it doesn't put stress on the mount whilst getting another jack and lowering the box ?

I've read a few guides on toyotagtturbo forums that state to just remove the box mounts and lower the box, but they never state anything about supporting the motor when the box is out, I would assume this would put alot of stress since the mount is on the driver side and not exactly centralised.

Thanks in advance! :)

Yep im with you 2 here. Both mounts out. Jack under the engine to support it while the box is out.

you will need a jack under there anyway because when you take the box out the engine will move so you will need the jack to let you move the engine to wiggle the box back on anyway.