I bought a hybrid turbo from Enzo a couple years back all I know is that it was a "gt spec", that is all..

The turbo is smoking and I am going to rebuild it myself but I don't know weather the stock ct9 rebuild kit will be ok to use on this turbo.. Does anyone know what differences are between the standard and the hybrid ct9? Need help urgently!

The rebuild kit just includes the oil seals as far as I know. They are the same as they use the same ct9 based CHRA. Unless it was based on something like the ct12, then it might be different.

The rebuild kit just includes the oil seals as far as I know. They are the same as they use the same ct9 based CHRA. Unless it was based on something like the ct12, then it might be different.

This is spot on, it will use all standard ct9 internal parts will just have a bigger/modified wheel/shaft. Is it a tongs? If so they are the same as I rebuilt one at work today ;)

Some were CT12 based i beleive think the earlier ones were based on CT9s later ones were CT12.

You got any pictures i can have a quick look and see if i can tell what centre housing you have?

Yeah tbh i think most of them are but im sure i remember something about Enzo using a CT12 based turbo? I dunno for definate though.

As i said earlier i rebuilt a Tongs CT9 Hybrid at work this week for JordK off here and that was defiantly CT9 based.

Yeah I remember it being around that sorta area, I think they sold the car and some other chap on here brought it, but the username has lost me lol.

Am sure the ct12/ct9 hybrids just robbed the ct12 compressor wheel, so essentially its still a ct9 footprint turbo.

right here ya go.

tongs ct12 hybrid uses a mix of ct9 rear ct12 front compressor and chra and td04 internals i e compressor wheel etc this was mostly designed for external wg use.

the gt spec was a ct9 with a bigger inlet and new compressor wheel design to make for better top end and a ported internal gate. the gt spec 2 was the same with a bigger internal waste gate and penny as there was still creep issues with the first series. this resolved the creep and retained the other charicteristics.

the gt spec was rated to 1.2bar but a few ran 1.3 and saw 230-240hp

the ct12 hybrid was also rated at 1.2 but some have run 1.3/1.4 and seen nearer 260hp

I read that he also used td04 internals ct12 I think or 20? Exhaust housing tf035 comp housing and it was known as the td12 iirc.

TD12 is a CT12 exhaust housing with welded wastegate, TF035 compressor housing with modified flange and polished inlet and TD04 internals (centre and both turbine and compressor wheels). kenmaychris made 260bhp on this at 1.4barrrrr

Edited by WallaceGlanza