race tech fuel rail, whos running one? fitment?

basicaly after the cj rail crap i bought a race tech rail. it comes with no new bolts or mounts but doesnt fit the oem stuff and also apears to not sit qite right on the injectors. any one gort any pics of theirs fitted?? how have you done it and have you had to drill the injector holes a bit deeper??

lol kinda, gettin fucked off with my build now tbh. nothing ever fits right which normal doesnt bother me as would just fab stuff to fit but when im buying off traders it should fit first time bang on. dont see how they get away with it tbh.

i pm`d a min ago but rather than not progress on my car id rather see if others have mounted theres differently. or just had to drill it out a tad more or something else. feel free to delete as you see fit if its gonna rock a boat but tbh products should be checked befor shipping out surley? im just getting fed up of poor fitting parts mate.

20130505_163121_zpsdeb3c53a.jpg

its couple of mm off for the injectors tbf, and the oem plastic spacer will need cutting up to fit id guess? hence the thread, surley others are using the rail so need to know what they did to fit it.

you not running your rail now then lew? you got anpther high flow elses where or just going oem? and rickys sound just not happy with the fit but if there an easy fix ill sort it now just need some info if any ones is fitted. realy wanna get the car ready to run this weekend while I've got the time off work :(

Edited by shorty

Ah cool, i wanted a td rail but they arnt doing them atm as they are redesigning or some thing, but grants got their old style one and it whent straight on perfectly with no messing about :( just getting a bit down on how long some stuff is taking to do when it should be a straight bolt on job :( tempted to sell it all up and buy a lush evo7 thats for sale round the corner lol way less effort than my goat is becoming.

I know dude it's frustrating especially when it should be straight forward. But wait to gear back from Ricky before you go drilling or chopping up. Hope its a simple fix or something. Ill leave it open incase others are I'm the same boat or can help. As long as no one starts a slagging match that is.

Rob

Just seen this after replying to your PM. You will want a couple of mm of "crush" on the standard bottom seals ideally. So looks from the picture like you will need 1-3 m6 washers. This varies depending what injectors you are using. When purchasing a full fuel kit from us we can supply the correct spacers for the injectors. I'd advise to go this route if you are doing a "DIY" build.

yea thats cool cheers mate, and same as that i only want advice not slagging off as ricky has been more than helpful with issues befor. so only useful comments please. or better yet fitted pics and advice on how ya did it lol. like i say i dont mind altering it but need to be 100% clear on what to alter befor i do incase it damages the rail and i get stuck with it lol.

Some quick edits there ;)

Just as a pointer to anybody else ordering. We can supply different spacers to suit stock injectors. But these would add £20 to the cost (turned aluminium). We have done this a few times. However injector lengths vary so it would be a waste of £20 for some people.

As you had purchased yours and made up your own "kit" I expected you had this covered.

If you let us know the overall length you require we can make you some spacers up. Or of course just use some washers and remove the plastic spacer. As said above, I would shim it to be fairly tight on the bottom rubber seals, especially if running higher levels of boost.

yea thats cool cheers mate, and same as that i only want advice not slagging off as ricky has been more than helpful with issues befor. so only useful comments please. or better yet fitted pics and advice on how ya did it lol. like i say i dont mind altering it but need to be 100% clear on what to alter befor i do incase it damages the rail and i get stuck with it lol.

And please... comparing us to CJ performance! I don't even like Chow Mein. :lol:

yea thats cool cheers mate, and same as that i only want advice not slagging off as i was quite comparing you hence the lol. cheers for the swift reply though. im happy to mod/adapt stock spacers as long as that will suit the rail design and not cuase an issue. any idea on the size of drill bit used for injectors and ill take a bit more out so they sit tighter. also i couldnt of sourced my own spacers without the rail. as I've said above its not a slaggy thread just a how have others fitted thread as i need this done as the fuel system is the only hold up of the build now.