Finally moving out! - Renting

Hello all!

I'm currently in the process of moving out and i cannot wait!

I'm renting at £450 PCM.

As the Mrs lives with her sister i cant move in with her. :sad: (sister move out please)

Any tips or advice you lads/lasses could give me?

Cheers

Scott

Save as much money as you can I moved out but have had to move back home after only 6 months it got so expensive :(

i've got savings, just not like 10k for a mortgage!

Get a house mate and share the bills. Seems the only way to do it atm!

Hence why im still at home :( lol

her sister wont leave shes a pain in the arse! she needs to go! haha

any tips?

What about a friend? the only people i know who can afford to move out are either coupled up or renting with a friend.

And even then most cant afford to keep modifying there cars!

i'm on 33k a year flat, thats no O/T or shifts included!

I'm just asking for tips and advice, all my mates cant afford it or live with their Mrs'!

When you move in, make a list of bills for each month and a total for that month. Some bills are different amounts at various points in the year. Keep it to hand and try setup as many direct debits as possible. Most companies offer a discount paying direct debits, and also opt for paperless billing, that also offers a discount.

My electric and gas is on a key meter, but me and the mrs are hardly ever at home due to working, so paying a fixed amount for the year doesn't work for us as we would be paying more. Although you will get credit for the next year, its still dead money as the money next year is worth less than the money now.

When you move in, make a list of bills for each month and a total for that month. Some bills are different amounts at various points in the year. Keep it to hand and try setup as many direct debits as possible. Most companies offer a discount paying direct debits, and also opt for paperless billing, that also offers a discount.

My electric and gas is on a key meter, but me and the mrs are hardly ever at home due to working, so paying a fixed amount for the year doesn't work for us as we would be paying more. Although you will get credit for the next year, its still dead money as the money next year is worth less than the money now.

thanks for the reply mate, will take it into account. i move in next week!

I moved out at 18. It is hard to start off, but you do find your way :) I found as above food, FUEL to be right brain ache! On the plus side its great to have your space and that, but I miss my mum to so my laundry lol!! Now im looking to buy as im 21 and married. Time flys lol. Best of luck though mate!!

Edited by Danza V

I moved out at 18. It is hard to start off, but you do find your way :) I found as above food, FUEL to be right brain ache! On the plus side its great to have your space and that, but I miss my mum to so my laundry lol!! Now im looking to buy as im 21 and married. Time flys lol. Best of luck though mate!!

thanks mate!

yeah i gonna have to learn how to use a washing machine haha!