Fancy a change...

Hello people. Well basically I'm a solar engineer ATM and its a decent well paid job but I'm starting to find it really boring!

I've always wanted to do something car related and at a uni level! I've never been to uni but its something I'd want to do!

Is anybody doing a motor related course at uni that you could recommend?

By this I mean a course that is fun and enjoyable and at the same time has a good future and well paid!

Thanks in advance guys.

not much out there now bro, you have to know the right people to make something of a "car" degree its not something that will get you a job the next day..very few courses are now except some of the science based ones for which they want blood/sweat and tears

you have to work your way up and its a long way with a very big que at the door...the big boys want someone who is different i.e has done something special/projects holds a skill or w/e

everyone wants to work at a "tuner" garage, the reality is they need a skill no one else has....

id say stick to what you do, work your way up...if you feel you`ve learnt the ropes open your own place

Don't waste your time mate. I do Motorsport Engineering at Oxford Brookes and hate it, its nothing like I expected and wish I had done an apprenticeship. If you can do some work experience and get a feel for it in industry, if you like it then might be worth asking the company if they fancy taking you on, maybe even offer to pay for you to go to uni part time or something.

I'm in the same boat... Always wanted to work with cars and never have! But the money is either not worth the hassle or the time skint at uni.

If only ey! If the money your on now is good get into buying and selling cars. I started off going halves on an Altezza with a mate from work. Brought it for a grand and sold it for 3 lol just work your way up from there. Then at least your job offers you a stable income and you still have something car related on the side.

Even if (without stealing Socks thunder) you import parts from Japan and sell them at a profit. It's quite fun. I've brought and sold 2 ZEP ECUs now lol

Working with cars constantly get boring tbh. Im a vehicle tech, do homers, work on pals cars, buy cars to fix and sell (occasionally) and building my GT aswell.

Better off being a baker or something lol.

If its mechanic work your looking at.. Want good pay still.. My brother suggested to me to go plant or Hgv.. He's a Hgv mechanic.. And let's put it this way, he's just bought his 5 bed house.. Has 3 kids and can still afford to keep his wife out of work AND OFF BENEFITS!!! ..n yeah he's not a millionaire but being the manager gets you places with a comfy cushion.. I.e a fat wallet :)