im not complaining what so ever at the price its so so cheap only £1.95 annually but maybe to help the club out a bit more up the price slightly and chuck in something through the post.

For example £5 member with UKSO air freshener or keyring or something, like a goodie bag in the post then after £1.95 annually

i know saxperience and 106owners and a few others are charging £10 and you only get the usual stickers then thats it and theres a hell of a lot of people who pay that and after being at japfest and seeing everyones cars and people for the first time, its a tight little community going on and id happily pay £5 with a keyring or freshner or some other goodie because i know it would actually help out and these cars are becoming more popular

or a choice maybe or something i dont know just an idea but obviously a system and price would have to be worked out :)

just some late night thoughts im throwing out there for ya ;D

Edited by Joe20

I think the idea of the 1.95 aswell as the choice to go for a 5pound goodie bag sounds cool. Maybe list some items as a click option so that your goodie bag contains something of your choice. Wich you would be happy with E.G.

window stickers

. Airfreshner

keyring

. Rear sticker

Either pick one or two from the list..

I hope im not being too cheeky as I've just joined the fourm 😳but was previously a cliosport member for 6 years and they did a similar thing.. There memberships were £5 but are now £10.

Mark,

UKSO Is a Non Profit Club...

Nor myself or any of the other staff take any money from the club...

Any funds generated by you folks, goes back into the club to improve your exprience online or at shows and events...

Altho the goodie bag idea is excellent... The cost involved, time and effort would mean additional work for most likely Josh @ Stick 2 It who already does too much for the club...

We will be offering more UKSO merch thru the club store in good time... But membership will stay at £1.95 for now.

Its the thought that means alot to us, not the amount :)

The fact yopuve got out your way to help the club, is what makes us all smile! :)

Hope this helps enlighten you all a lil :)

@Socks

What about if we could find someone else willing to do the extra work??

Is that a possible solution for it?

Or how about even making up a "goodie bag" to purchase from the shop, including air freshner,sticker etc etc?

Purchased Club membership to show a bit of support for the forum, as from experience there is a truck load of work behind the scenes with forum maintenance and its just nice to show its appreciated. :)

Also purchased some stickers to rep it! :thumbsup:

@DamoC

I think the problem with goodie bags is the time and effort involved for someone to make them up and shipping them out is a substantial amount of work. However the idea is excellent!

the more money we take, the more we are held accountable for where it goes, the more questions people are entitled to ask etc etc.

if we take more money than it costs to run this place, people should be asking why, where is it going, what is it for. and rightly so.

as it is, what we receive has/is covering the necessary costs of keeping UKSO running and keeping up the show presence. and IMO that's all we need at present, so that one person isnt left footing the bill for hosting the site etc etc.

if folk want extra goodies, surely they can just buy them from Josh as they wish when they can afford to, and we can keep the costs of running one of the biggest clubs in the UK as low as possible. if the annual renewal was say £30, and u needed a few weeks til payday came in, and your membership expired, you'd loose some website/forum access for that time. thats not cool. as it is, at £1.95, thats not likely to present too much of a problem, and no one looses their privileges.

taking people's money is something i've always been very conscious of, folk work hard for it and need it for more important things than a website sinking the arm in. plus, we know that if we do encounter any financial diffs, we have some amazing members who would do their best to help the club out. the staff dont need or want to be taking people's hard earned, i'd rather you guys kept it for more important things.

Phil.

the more money we take, the more we are held accountable for where it goes, the more questions people are entitled to ask etc etc.

if we take more money than it costs to run this place, people should be asking why, where is it going, what is it for. and rightly so.

as it is, what we receive has/is covering the necessary costs of keeping UKSO running and keeping up the show presence. and IMO that's all we need at present, so that one person isnt left footing the bill for hosting the site etc etc.

if folk want extra goodies, surely they can just buy them from Josh as they wish when they can afford to, and we can keep the costs of running one of the biggest clubs in the UK as low as possible. if the annual renewal was say £30, and u needed a few weeks til payday came in, and your membership expired, you'd loose some website/forum access for that time. thats not cool. as it is, at £1.95, thats not likely to present too much of a problem, and no one looses their privileges.

taking people's money is something i've always been very conscious of, folk work hard for it and need it for more important things than a website sinking the arm in. plus, we know that if we do encounter any financial diffs, we have some amazing members who would do their best to help the club out. the staff dont need or want to be taking people's hard earned, i'd rather you guys kept it for more important things.

Phil.

^^^^ In one :)

Its about keeping costs down for our members and still having money for show stuff that needs replacing/updating, the club has grown so much this year, we had the LARGEST stand at Japfest :) and that is down to you all

As Phil as already stated if you want extra's just purchase them of our suppliers and help keep them in business;

Thank You All

John