Hi guys and girls!

Just a quick question...

My car will idle fine from cold! Will idle about 1k, till its warm then gradually drop to 800!, then I drive around... Pull up and it'll idle on 2k!,

Then if I switch the car off and leave for 5 mins then turn it back on it'll idle at 2k?

I'm really unsure about this?... :/ cleaned the icv out with carb cleaner, also cleaned the throttle bottle out!, and I covered the throttle control in a load of wd40 and still no better? :/

Really confused?

IIRC they should idle at around 800-850. Mine's started acting up recently, idling at 1500 when cold and down to 1000 when warm. Occasionally it drops to 850-900 with and without electrical load and then back up to 1000. Odd. Could be a bad earth.

Hmmm I think you may be onto something Bluebear... I keep getting an electric shock off my car when ever I get out of it? :-o..

Any ideas or help on how I can check for a bad earth?? :-o... I'm a complete novice.. So please explain in simple terms! Real simple!, no abbreviations or anything lol!

Check for holes in the vacuum lines, or if a vacuum pipe disconnected by accident.

As for the electric shock, I'm pretty sure that the car can not give you a jolt. Most probably static electricity from your clothes or seat covers (if fitted)....

Edited by Bosotter

I changed my coolant temperature sensor yesterday as I've been having trouble similar to yours and I think it's sorted it out. Previously I changed the ICV and lambda sensor but didn't do anything tbh. Try the coolant temp sensor anyway mate!

Check for holes in the vacuum lines, or if a vacuum pipe disconnected by accident.

As for the electric shock, I'm pretty sure that the car can not give you a jolt. Most probably static electricity from your clothes or seat covers (if fitted)....

No seat covers lol! But ill try de elcectrifying my self!

Sjbrowning7 ill try that!, easy to do???

And weyro! I don't have the problem of it idling low! It's too high!! :(

Yeh mate, it's the green sensor under the dizzy cap. Mine is kinda still doing a wee bit of a high/funny idle still but it's definitely not as bad now, it idles max 1250rpm but before it was all the way up at 2K. I'm going to check my tps as well this weekend and that might be the last piece to the puzzle for me.

I taped up the wires that go into the connector that goes onto the CTS because I noticed the wires were kind of showing so that should help the connection as well, just make sure everything is pretty much perfect looking with all your connections and stuff.