right basically for my new build i want to go for something different engine wise and although i know this swaps been done before just wondering if anyone has any info on it?? i understand my main problem is going to be engine mounts really but my main questions are does anyone know what gearbox/shafts etc i'm going to need to use?? i'm assuming a box from the celica gt(non turbo) will mount up to the gt-four engine and would be my easiest option someone correct me if im wrong obviously as i'm literally guessing lol. what about driveshafts etc then??any input/info would be greatly appreciated guys :)

Dan3sgte is his username. Im sure he had custom shafts made and the front gearbox mount keeps breaking with the weak front chassis point and the 3s torque. If you removed that front beam and replaced it with some 3 inch 8mm thick box section am sure that will hold.

yeahh thats the only other one i know of just thought i'd gather some info off here before pestering him along with that twat from oz or wherever he was with his secret engine mount lol

ahh did he really??i understand its all going to need strengthening thats gonna be fine i'm in no rush to get it finished just want it done properly i did see his thread where the front cross member had split lol

Custom Wiring

Custom Mounts

Custom Shafts

Custom Rad and Intercooler

Custom Front End to suit 4th mount

Custom Gear Linkages

The a much taller engine so the sump will hang very low.....

There also VERY heavy.... So good if your drag racing...

Imo... if 350bhp isn't enough (which it is) (can be doable quite easily choosing the right parts on a 4e or a 5e.... for the cost involved!)

The cost involved for all that to be done properly.... Made me think twice...

My advise don't do it. I'm a mate of Dan's and been out in the car and it is great bit of kit. but like people have said he keeps breaking engine mounts. cv joints has been a recent one. also Dans car does not sit low and the sump is about 2" off the floor and am sure he's had to replace in the past

but like socks has listed there's more as you go on.

well spec'd 4e or 5e is the way to go