Aye its a nice kit..will be gettin the tial vband wastegate instead though. A small problem that was sorted straight away. Im planning a stage 3 hybrid td04. Also read that you can get garret turbos on a td/vf foot print. Maybe get a garrett next year but the hybrid td04 should make silly power anyway

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man im in love with that top mount turbo kit it looks mean as fuck when ya open the bonnet

when i go for a new turbo im gettin that 100% i love them

ya might loose a bit of power but its really worth it imo

cant wait to see everything fitted and the car done

Shouldnt loose any power mate. Dont think it really makes any odds if its top mount or not. It might be slightly more laggy but i wont notice really. Cant wait to see it done myself mate haha. My little bro just bought a 98 spec red glanza for 2.5k but it needs a bit of work so between mine and his i will be kept busy

its up the top of the engine so its gettin cooler air therefor it will loose power adamb on here was sayin it to me then i asked ricky on race-tech and he said it would but wouldnt be a lot yano

either way its still the dogs bolix ha i wouldnt even think of it im well doin the same :)

nice i have a soft spot for reg glanzas there sweet lookin

Ahwell im not too fussed anyway haha it will be over 300 brake :) id happily sacrifice a few ponys for the look if this kit. Yeah its really tidy like. Apexi power fc fully forged trd diff and loads of goodies. Absolute bargain!

yeah thats the same as me its worth it in the end

thats was a good deal man whats the body like is it in good condition

i bought my mk1 gt fo2 €2500 and there was a a fairly nice spec .. kaaz diff, ct9 hybrid, blitz boost controler, etc and body is spotless and bought the mk1 gi for €700 ha

Body is pretty immaculate. Has a livesports splitter thats cracked because the guy hit a rabbit. Its the sunroof model too, crazy spec for the price. Needs a new head though as the 4th exhaust port stud is cracked. No biggy though

Hopefully have it all in and running about march or april. Then mapped as soon as its run in. Dont worry though lads i wont get side tracked. Can do a bit of work to his as i cant do much to mine till i get my gearbox

• 5 weeks later...

Great build thread man. Love that video great work one off my favs.

The shell you scrapped was that the o e with the sunroof?

Last question the vanity tray its a win have one myself. Was yours painted or different dash as seems looks like doesn't match colour in the picture? Got a good deal with the box oil and tray.

The shell that was scrapped never had a sunroof mate, my vanity tray has definatly not been painted, i also wondered why it was a different colour but its not as noticeable normally. Its nice though, been asked to sell it a few times already haha.