stupid boost gauge!! help needed asap!!

So basically im changing ny boost gauge!

Old and new both work fine.. going from a manual to and electronic.. wired in the wires the same way.. and the electronic doesnt light up at all???

Someone please please help me... ideally i need someone to call!!, inbox me your number andill call you and well run through it!! Need help asap!!!

Right...

The wires in which my current boost gauge are tied into.. There is only two as its a manual.. So it's a black (earth) and a green (lights) so when my lights come on so does the backing light of the gauge!

My new gauge how ever has two wires, and a third wire including some "piping" which is the same as the current gauge, I did not connect this up.. (Might be why it didn't work?)

I have only two wires on the new gauge which are usable? But I do have the black, red, white I think and grey? Not 100% sure though!

So I thought I would do the obvious, and swap the live for the live and earth for earth and it would All light up and that would be the end of it.. Oh boy was I wrong! Done that.. Even changed wires around and still nothing..

Any other advice?