Item worth section

Im not sure how many people post up threads about item worth etc and whether it would be worth while but it could be a helpful section to have within the marketplace as I didnt have a clue where to put my thread earlier and just stuck it in lifestyle/general.

Edited by WilkieGT

There used to be a gauging interest section, kinda the same thing but iirc folk were just trying to use it to sell shit without pics or much info etc.

There is actually a 'whats it worth thread' where you obviously ask what whatever youre going to be selling is worth, but that thread is buried now lol.

Anywhay i think its a good shout but i think youre ment to just bang up a f/s thread with random price and if you get no interest drop it a wee bit. Not ideal imo :)

True but the problem with just banging up a price is that more often than not you get a load of comments about it being overpriced etc and it sort of spoils the thread I think thats all.

I can imagine that happening with the gauging interest section actually.

Yeah man, i dont really like putting up f/s threads or guessing prices. It can be hard to judge tbh. Like Sean was asking me a rough guide price for a backbox but i hadnt seen any up for sale before so wasnt really sure !!

A whats it worth section would be helpful for times like that.

If people moan about it being overpriced... In most cases there usually right...

So many people scan the marketplace on here every day and so much stuff gets listed in there its untrue...

If something is overpriced I'd want to know rather then being sat there 10 days with no PMs at all...

As for a section, it was a nightmare with gauging interest as mentioned above, people were just using it to get sales around the rules of the land....

Its also a massive moderation task as it is, without the need to have to moderate another section which is kind of pointless...

Something is for sale, if its not...If you are thinking about selling, think about it then when your sure, post it up... :)

There is a thread on what its worth as also mentioned above....

Hope this helps!

Completely agree with Socks.

No need for it and just causes more hassle for those guys. Pm someone who you think will have a better idea on price.

If not then set your price if its high people will say that. Just mention your open to offers and no one can complain.

I completely understand and did say I wasnt sure it would be worth while. It would be helpful but not enough to justify a dedicated section.

I also realise that if people moan about the price then it usually is overpriced but it still takes away for the thread itself. I appreciate the mods jobs though and agree it wouldn't be worthwhile and just a hassle.

I would usually do my research but I had no idea where to start with that manifold I posted up as I didnt know who it was manufactured by, quality of materials etc. If I did I would have determined my own price to sell.