Testing interest for leather retrim

If i was to set my self up at home, how many of you guys would genuinely be interested in a leather retrim?

State seat type, ie .. glanza oem - gt oem - recaro oem etc

State if you would like the rear bench trimmed to match

also state if door cards want trimming.

Just to let you guys know, ive been machining for 5 years, And have been trained by a guy with over 35 years experiance.

Ive retrimmed all types of bucket seats for speedboats, also motorbike seats.

Im just considering if i should convert the spare room in our house into a workshop and bring my machine from work, home.

In about a month or so, ill be ripping my glanza seats out, and trimming them so i can show you photos of the quality of work.

As i stated, im just testing how much interest there would be, if theres alot, ill find some second hand seats of each type to produce templates.

Soo.. copy, fill in and paste this

Seat type : (glanza oem,gt oem,recaro oem)

rear bench : (yes/no)

front door cards : (yes/no)

Leather colour : (black/blue/red/yellow/cobalt - combinations etc)

The quality of leather if of jag/aston/tvr etc quality.Very plush,thick leather.

Oh me me me!!

Seat type : OEM GT

rear bench : Yes

front door cards : No

Leather colour : Black with a Yellow centre

What price would I be looking at?

The leather would come to around 150.

It would easily beat any leather you find in other cars, like beemers,pugs etc

THE best quality you can get.Its made by a company called Connally,

They supply aston jag etc .So you know youre getting quality.

I use top quality Bonded Nylon threads too, for both seam work and twin stitch where as some other companys will use cheaper polyester threads for the seam work, which can split easily.

Nylon threads are waxed, which means not only do they NOT go fluffy, but they dont attract dirt like polyester threads.

All you would need, is to feed the leather once every year or so, and use a quality conditioner such as meguiars,autoglym etc to keep the leather supple and soft.

When ive got a few people interested, ill arrange a group price.Again though, like i said ill trim mine, and upload the photos here so you can all see.And no doubt you will see it for real once the cars sprayed and has the rebuilt engine in ;)

In the future could be interested in a nice retrim for the Levin ;)

Seat type : Levin OEM

rear bench : Yes

front door cards : Yes

Leather colour : Black with dark red centre (red stitching would be excellent too :p)

Assuming you're able to do stuff like retrimming an armrest and so on too?

Also, would you be able to do a new gear lever gaitor too?

The first set of any type of seat will allways take the longest, due to having to take each machined panel apart and make templates.

I wont be ordering pre-made leather kits from malaysia/china etc like alot of cheaper companys do!

Each will be taken apart by hand, layed out , fresh templates made taking into account any stretches the old fabric may have so the new ones will be nice and tight, and then put together.

I can do any type of seat you wish, Also ill be carrying out recaro seat repair work, using original cut fabric from recaro.So if youre ltd edition recaros are looking a tad shabby, or the bolsters are worn, i can remove a single panel and machine a new piece in to keep the cost to a minimum.

Atm im just clearing the spare room out at home, and i have next week off work so i can start making a cutting table.Just need to buy a new machine for home then, as i cant bring the one from work home as i need it there.

I'll be collecting photos from people ive done work for, also ill grab a photo of my gear gaitor i made as the original was only leatherette and was shabby, i also made a red leather one for a mate of mine.

Steering wheels are a pain, as they need to be lockstitched , plus by the time the material + labour time has been added, it works out basically the same to buy a brand new wheel which is why i havent bothered retrimming mine.I have a personal wheel which is worn now but ill end up buying a new one.

Alcantara (genuine) prices are

£60 per mtr for unbacked, stretchy for panelling ie doorcards,dashboards etc.

£62 per mtr for backed, which is used for seating etc.Has a very thin foam backing so it is more hardwearing and softer on youre ass ;)

You have to remember, im not going to be supplying cheap immitation fabrics, this is ALCANTARA direct from america.

Leather is from Connollys range, and the threads are from Oxley.

Only the best.

If you have any custom build designs such as boot builds, kicker pods in door cards, dash's etc i will take them on but i will have to charge per hour obviously.

For the first sets of seats of each type, i would prefer the seat to be here.So if theres any fitting problems i can resolve them, rather than post the machined kit out to you guys, only for you to find theres a fault or it doesnt fit absolutely spot on.

Once the first sets have been completed, fitted and photographed for future use, i can supply just the pre-machined kits for a lower cost.

That way you can recieve the leather kits pre-made through the post, and you just have to fit them to youre foam seating :p

If however you prefer me to do the whole job, take seat out, remove covers,fit new ones and replace in car i can do that too.

I'll let you guys know more details when the times getting closer and im properly setup! There seems to be alot of interest off here, as well as a few of my mates forums :o

Definately interested as your prices do seem pretty reasonable compared to a lot of places.

With mine it'll be a new design I think (not sure you've done Levins before?) if I was to go ahead with it, but as am local could just leave the car with you whilst you do the work or something like that

Definately interested as your prices do seem pretty reasonable compared to a lot of places.

With mine it'll be a new design I think (not sure you've done Levins before?) if I was to go ahead with it, but as am local could just leave the car with you whilst you do the work or something like that

Well mikey, When im set up, i could arrange to come round and remove youre seats.I can leave youre driver side in only so you can still drive the car.

How does that sound

sounds like a :o idea, have you got any pics of your work?!?

Cheers

Rob

Ill get some bud, but the real photos will be of mine when ive finished it.

I was just testing how much interest there would be, as i cant take the piss out of my work, and do these seats there ;)

Hence why im trying to buy everything i need for my own workshop at home.

I use the word "trying" because a machine costs in the region of £700 for a good condition one.

Its all about cash flow at the moment :p

Ill get some bud, but the real photos will be of mine when ive finished it.

I was just testing how much interest there would be, as i cant take the piss out of my work, and do these seats there ;)

Hence why im trying to buy everything i need for my own workshop at home.

I use the word "trying" because a machine costs in the region of £700 for a good condition one.

Its all about cash flow at the moment :p

700 for a retrim is cheap ive seen people paying upwards of 2k for one in a supra....lol

Rob

700 for a retrim is cheap ive seen people paying upwards of 2k for one in a supra....lol

Rob

No matey, i think you misunderstood.

A new sewing machine for home will cost around £700!

When i get these retrims patterned, and get going , i will be doing them for around the 400 mark ;)

That will be available only to us guys, any others off tgtt.com or various other forums will have to pay the full price!

No matey, i think you misunderstood.

A new sewing machine for home will cost around £700!

When i get these retrims patterned, and get going , i will be doing them for around the 400 mark ;)

That will be available only to us guys, any others off tgtt.com or various other forums will have to pay the full price!

lol sorry mate! me reading a bit to quick....

Rob

• 1 month later...