fast for a 1.3

well my lttle n/a beat a punto turbo, i think tht was because he was a bit of a spaz at drivin..lol. all those corsas nd polos nd shit are easily beat, tho only with a max of two people in the car.

Hmm I somewhat doubt that, even if he was driving like a spaz. They are 130hp in a 1000kg shell (130hp/tonine), yours is around 80ish in a 865kg shell (95hp/tonne-ish), they will be quicker! You must've caught him off boost, completely in the wrong gear or something...or maybe he wasn't really trying! lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its happened to my gt quite a bit,185bhp from a 1.3:S.....yep....soon to be 200+ and they think im pissing about....

theres quite a few people that have said and argued with me that its a 1.5-1.6 so blates ive had to shove a diarioa sandwich in their faces to shut the dudes up....its a 1332cc!!....nope ive read on my magic websites theyre 1.6 same as a civic:S sorry mate go home,keep bashing over your 2.5 vr6 golfs?(2.5 ay?no...2.8 annd 2.9-argument over that too!)

thats just one of the many hundreds at my college haha

oh and a 100-110bhp 4efe starlet weighing 850kgs wouldnt stay with a punto gt,they aint that shit,theyre nippy cars tbh and they respond well,4efte is same speed stock really

Gee lmao....yeah....''NIPPY'' haha more like '' F*%$£n mental man what the F*&^ is in that!!,it just killed my m3 yo0o0!!''

Its a good torquey engine as standard if lacking in power higher up the rev range. With rolla mani it loses a bit of mid range grunt but pulls better higher up. Its also the gearbox matters aswell as it seems to be quite a close ratio setup.

I must admit it does run out of puff at about 90 mph and the standard rev limit could be uped abit to help acceleration, because when changing from 1st to second theres a dip in power and then it picks up again (thats from my own personal experiance of one starlet) :)

Probably caught him in 4th/5th completely off boost and he didn't bother down changing lol. The 1.3 N/A look like nippy cars, but I'd say a Punto GT was not too far off a Starbo GT (standard vs. standard). The GT Turbo would be quicker, yes, but not by a huge amount!

I wouldn't mind a ride in a 1.3N/A and see what its like compared to other small engine hatchbacks (I'm sure they'd be mucho faster!)

To be fair its only really quick up to about 40mph in my opinion. I tested my 0-60 on a G meter and thats where it really shines. I kinda doubt the weight figures youre saying though montanajr. I know on the log book mine is like 1300kg. Theyre heavier than they feel

Probably caught him in 4th/5th completely off boost and he didn't bother down changing lol. The 1.3 N/A look like nippy cars, but I'd say a Punto GT was not too far off a Starbo GT (standard vs. standard). The GT Turbo would be quicker, yes, but not by a huge amount!

I wouldn't mind a ride in a 1.3N/A and see what its like compared to other small engine hatchbacks (I'm sure they'd be mucho faster!)

Well compared to my 1.3 mk4 fiest its like comparing a .50 cal bullet to throwing a rock (bit of an excessive exaggeration but thats me ;) )

If I ever get round to a bluewater meet I could take ya for a blast down the dual caridgeways, as long as I get a ride in the GT as I'm still a gt turbo/glanza vergin :)

To be fair its only really quick up to about 40mph in my opinion. I tested my 0-60 on a G meter and thats where it really shines. I kinda doubt the weight figures youre saying though montanajr. I know on the log book mine is like 1300kg. Theyre heavier than they feel

Wait, whats 1300kg? The Starlet or the Punto GT? The Punto are quite light, I remember seeing somewhere that they are 1000kg-ish. What car is good up to 40mph and what car did you run a good 0-60 in (and what was the time?!) - I'm so confused!

Well compared to my 1.3 mk4 fiest its like comparing a .50 cal bullet to throwing a rock (bit of an excessive exaggeration but thats me :) )

If I ever get round to a bluewater meet I could take ya for a blast down the dual caridgeways, as long as I get a ride in the GT as I'm still a gt turbo/glanza vergin ;)

Haha good comparison! ;) Yeah that would be cool! 'Course you can have a ride in the GT lol, but I'm sure there would be some monster GT's/Glanza's that you'd prefer a ride in. Mines slow :D But once you get a taste of boost, I'm sure you'll wanna drop a 4efte into yours ! lol

The standard EP91 is claimed to weigh around 1334kg (think thats right) Again staying with the starlet with a completely standard engine and the only mods have added weight :) my 0-60 was about 12.7seconds if i remember right. Which to be honest isnt that hot but up to about 40mph only took me about 4.5-5 seconds which is surprisingly quick. Past 40 my starlet seems to get a little bored lol.

The standard EP91 is claimed to weigh around 1334kg (think thats right) Again staying with the starlet with a completely standard engine and the only mods have added weight :) my 0-60 was about 12.7seconds if i remember right. Which to be honest isnt that hot but up to about 40mph only took me about 4.5-5 seconds which is surprisingly quick. Past 40 my starlet seems to get a little bored lol.

1344kg, where the hell did you get that figure from ?? I don't see a UK EP91 weighing that much, they are tin cans! I refuse to believe that, so your saying a UK N/A EP91 is heavier or near equal to a 200sx, Celica GT4, Evo 5, 6 and 8! No way mate!!

Bottom line - N/A Starlet FTW!!

My mate thinks his 8V 1.4 62bhp Polo is faster, I allow him to think that!!

Slightly wierd i was driving home from my grandparents down in eastbourne back to maidstone n from like hawkhurst or sumin this corsa was following me one of the newer like 2000 on reg 1s n he followed me nearly all the way home ne way goin through like 30's id stick to 30 n 40's stick to 40 etc :)

But when we reached nation speed limit shizzle i started to put my foot down n now i didnt completly leave him in the dust but i seemed to get away quicker as well as pull away the higher speed we got to

also the guy i realised hed a lady pasenger so lil extra weight

Anyway i was wondering what the N/A's are like up against the newer 1.2/1.4 corsa's?

As wen the guy overtook me (coming up to a 30 speed camera on a like little duel carrige way thing lol) I forgot to check the back of his car.... ;)

Well, one thing's for sure - they're definately fast enough for a first car and to be able to thrash Corsas/Puntos/Fiestas/etc... with minimal mods (corolla mani for example).

1344kg, where the hell did you get that figure from ?? I don't see a UK EP91 weighing that much, they are tin cans! I refuse to believe that, so your saying a UK N/A EP91 is heavier or near equal to a 200sx, Celica GT4, Evo 5, 6 and 8! No way mate!!

From the owners manual the claim is that the manual weighs 1345kg. Or am I making a complete spaz of myself here?

Your not really making a spaz of yourself, its just that figure cannot be right. A Starlet is a tiny tin can of a shell and weighs next to nowt! So where they got 1345kg is beyond me. Maybe they mean 1345kg with all extras, 5 people in the car and an elephant on the roof or something...

a UK spec starlet na like a sportif weighs in at 830Kg's.i cannot see a highly modded na staying with a punto gt tbh,and yeah theyre nippy cars i agree compared to everyother N/a 1.3-swift gt would blitz the Na starlet though hands down....

i cant see the starlet being 1345kg's mate,do you have a corolla log book?haha....theres no way possible stock they could be 1345 unless they had concrete in the doors and floor and they were made out of iron,now thats when id get worried

Yup. Theres a scrappy near me that have a weigh bridge, I'll try and get my GT weighed at some point when I'm back home. I remember in my MOT the guy didn't know how much my GT weighed, so he put down 990kg. For 990kg he said the brake efficiency was very good, just goes to show the standard brakes are pretty good then eh! lol

id say around the 900kg mark mate for a standard starlet with no mods, another quick little hatch are the mitsubishi colts ( i have one of these aswell as my starlet) although only 1.3 12v and about same book figure bhp as starlet they are a lot quicker ie 120mph+ 4 people in car compared to starlet about 115 2 people and all the way through the gears the colt seems to have lots more guts.