Electric power steering discussion.

Right i know a couple of people have thought about this, i for one and matt as well as i spoke to him briefly at japfest, i think he also mentioned adam?

I know the usual option is saxo/106 pump etc

And has anyone done this and have advise or do's and don't etc

Another option I've seen was an mr2 setup that can be linked into the speed signal and can be made speed variable like modern cars.

I have my own reasons behind this and other people have there own. But if done well it will be a good method of tidying the bay up.

Anyway i thought this would be a place for people to throw around any idea's they may have.

Good or bad :)

Do you think they would fit inside an arch grant? Would love to hide the pump in there and run the lines around the arch to the rack.

I've seen the mr2 pump put on a car then fitted with a variable controller so he could adjust the feel until the guy was happy then checked the resistance cross the controller and made a permanent resistor pack so it stayed that way.

This is how i think i would want to do it.

Not sure if an mr2 pump would fit in the wheel arch. But a saxo one would. Especially if you had a remote resiviour. But to be honest when I change my set up I'm going for a corsa c colum. Will be a bit of work to get it in but you can pick the ecu controllers up for peanuts