The law and MOT?

I would drive it to the garage. Not sure if its legal tho. I don't think they would do any thing if you got pulled as long as your insured. £80 fine driving with no mot. That's what it was when I got pulled on my bike with no mot lol

You cant do the second thing, think youre ment to just leave it at the garage for them to do the work.

When i took my GT down for its MOT after being OTR for a year i insured it and drove it legally with a SORN to the MOT station, which happens to be my work, but it failed first time round and i couldnt take it back home legally to work on it. Same kinda thing youre trying to do i think. I had to leave it there and work on it after i finished.

You could do it on trade plates though i reckon.

Trade plates dont cover you for MOT only tax. I work for a big dealership and we had a big memo go round a few months ago saying trade plates dont cover mot. Anyway, i only wanted to drive to the garage to get it undersealed cuz i cba to lay on my gravel drive under axle stands