turbo nipple touching std rad

Hey lads, as most of ya know I'm td04'd now and because its rotated the nipple on the turbo where the boost controller pipe goes is touching against the radiator , no chance of gettin a pipe on because the rad will be pushing on it so will split can you not just turn the nipple ? Ill get a pic to show you all but its the only problem I've got and all will be well, thanks a lot !!

this is the nipple ......

IMAG1017_1_zps74ce7e1a.jpg

Ill be getting one eventually legend but not right now !.

That's because the rad isn't in on that pic yet haha just so everyone could see what I ment n I hope you can just turn it ?

You cant just turn it, try and turn it and it'll snap off and then you're fucked. Cant you undo the the circlip and rotate the housing away from the rad??

Funny how its catching, as i run the same rad/Turbo set up as you and the same Intercooler in fact and mines no where near?

What circlip lee ? And maybe my turbo is a bit bigger on the cold side housing or something ? Or my rad don't sit the best or something......can ya get a pic of what you mean

But if I rotate the hosting then ill have to mod my intercooler pipe again !!?

You cant just turn it, try and turn it and it'll snap off and then you're fucked. Cant you undo the the circlip and rotate the housing away from the rad??

Funny how its catching, as i run the same rad/Turbo set up as you and the same Intercooler in fact and mines no where near?

hmm, one ive had you could, maybe it was already screwed lol

Some are screwed in Rob, most TD04s are like stuck onto the compressor covers and then when you try and bend them at a different angle they snap. The amount of times i do it at work is silly :lol:

Azz - the circlip that holds the compressor cover on, just get some snipe nosed pliers and remove the circlip and re angle the compressor cover then re tighten the circlip. Looking at your picture our turbos are the exact same buddy. You should be okay with the intercooler piping if you only need to move it a tiny amount.

I dunno .... I do want a civic rad but the bottom hose gets in way of screamer and there expensive , all I've gotta do is get this nipple moved, I could bend the fins in on the rad where its touching to give me room to get a pipe on n then put reflective tape on the rad

Just chop the bend off lol. Then when youve got time, take the housing off and have it tapped properly with an AN- fitting. Itll work in the meantime.

Edited by RobSR