Best option for selling up?

Seriously considering selling the Glanza as whilst I'm young and livin at home I can afford a much higher end car, never thought about it till recently as the Glanzas never really pissed me off lol, but basically I dunno whether to sell as a whole or take some bits off and sell nearer standard

I'd be wanting around 6k and wouldn't even be happy as I've put 12k in the car in the 2 years I've had it? But obviously that's a lot for a none forged glanza

Before I start everything on this car is done well, no half arsed bodged welded seat rails, paintwork all professionally done, most parts brand new, bumper is cut neatly and everything fits well with no dodgy panel gaps or different shades of paint

As it stands it's got:

Bodywork:

98 spec shell in mint condition with front and rear genuine optional lips(rear bumper and skirts are being sprayed as we speak as they were a little stone chipped...paintwork is all nice and shiny white not aged and yellow

Cars had a full respray at some point, to a 99% standard

I'd-workz livesports rear spoiler

Jam scoop blank

Chassis:

-Meister r zeta coilovers 1 year old

-hel braided brake lines

-cusco panhard rod

-powerflex full engine mount set

-1 set of rota grids in bronze, mint, running proxes t1rs all round

-1 set of limited edition candy purple rota slipstreams with 2 t1rs and 2 paradas spec 2s

Engine:

- Full head rebuild by TD 5 months ago

- Athena head gasket and arp head bolts again fitted by TD 5 months ago

- TD04 running from an adaptor plate kit made by Dean @ RW

- Mapped to 0.8 and 1 bar on Greddy emanage blue by TD, 222 BHP

- hks mushroom filter

- jperformance HDI style intercooler

- fujitsubo power getter exhaust system, fully heat wrapped, with a choice of silenced or Unsilenced centre sections

-tial external wastegate

- greddy type-s purple Bov, also have a replica hks SSQV

- greddy profec a boost controller

-ngk plugs and magnetite leads

Interior:

-bride gias 2 style reclining bucket seats on genuine bride ep91 rails

- a pillar pod with depo boost and oil pressure gauge, innovate wideband

- cruise gear knob

- cusco handbrake button

- razo pedals

-genuine apexi turbo timer

-2 sets of genuine Toyota mats

- sony touchscreen double din DVD headunit with uprated door speakers and a sub and amp in the boot

There is more but I forget, this is just a quick idea?

Would anyone pay what I'm wanting as is or am I best taking out the brides, gauges, scoop, one set of wheels, head unit, greddy type s, easily removable things etc and selling for 3k as a clean td04 starlet with extras?

In addition I've also serviced the car every 3k without fail and have receipts, it has always been warmed up and cooled down religiously, and I never even go near the limiter lol, there are no dints or scuffs on the car as i will never park it near other cars lol.

I have also replaced all ball joints, track rod ends, inner track roads, drop links, etc when the coilovers were fitted

Edited by A L 3 X

People aren't even willing to pay that sorta price for a forged motor mate, hence why they all get broken.

I reckon you'll be better off selling some bits and then sell the car as a whole. How long it will take though is another question as that depends how much you value it at, and what someone is willing to pay.

That's what I think mate, just such a shame, if somebody was looking for one to mod this would be perfect as it's not been bodged together, and would save you a lot of cash over doing it yourself :/

i know mate but money is shit atm for cars! id say sell a few goodies and sell the car best way to get your money back.

Bottom line buddy your going to lose money, how much is entirely up to how you sell it and how fast you want the money,

If your not worried about funds just yet, breaking up the aftermarket parts and selling them then selling the car as a whole is where the money is atm.

Or if you need the money fast and are willing to accept a BIG loss. Sell it as a whole.

My opinion though.... Keep it :)

I know at the end of the day its your choice but just refering you to a recent thread...

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/69010-i-was-wrong-ukso-was-right/#entry877417

everyone that has sold has regret it. Again its your choice if you do decide to sell the break the goodies. Most money efficient way. Good luck with what ever you decide mate :)

I got 5500 for mine and that was fully forged 5efte 335bhp, at the time it was 2nd on the leader board on here behind socks.

I've moved to Australia but still regret it every day. I put 2 years and near enough 20k into it to get back a grand more than I paid in the first place,

If it was me I'd keep it as a toy and get something else nice to drive in the week, I wish that's what I did.

I think you'll regret it massively. It's ok saying you can go out and buy this and that, but think long term, you may only have the car for a year or two then what? You will wish you'd have kept the starlet a little longer.

how bout.......u sell or brake and i stab u?

we are the only 2 on here with sense and taste to run fujitsubo systems.......

Lmfao, such a sick system as well ;)

What car you thinking of getting next ?

Just watch you dont end up in so much debt you end up living with your parents forever lol.

A c63 amg mate, yeah I'll be In debt but ill have it paid off in 5 years, not the end of the world lol