RX7 Top Mount intercooler

I dont have the right cash to get a front mount and still have my little CT9 bolted on so dont want any more lag if i can avoid it. How good are RX7 top mounts, what difference will i notice, and what bhp can they support?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My old Glanza came with one. Dunno how much difference it really made. What is your goal/future plan, if you want around 200hp, just hold off, and save your money, if you'd be happy around the 170-180hp I'd have one :harhar:

Rubix, How's the fitment on them then? Surely not striaght fit? Looking at gettin one but bewildered on how i'd fit it. =]

Thanks dude

I Have an RX7 topmount that im going to be selling as i have decided against it mate. It will require some welding though as i cut the brackets off the side to use it for my project. Its sound otherwise, i can get pictures for you and will only need about £20 of welding to add some brackets onto it.

Jason

just get a front mount mate, they're not much more and make such a difference.

i had an arc tmic, and it was shit. if you're on a track, sure, it can get constant hot air, but on the road where you need to slow down and stop etc, it quickly warms up and acts as a bloody hairdryer.

I have an RX7 tmic on my GT...............ive also got custom brackets that make it sit perffectly square like the stock tmic :thumbsup::D

Rubix yours is sitting at an angle isnt it mate?

Let me know i may be able to duplicate the brackets if you want it sitting square?

And their very good, theres alot thicker core and bigger surface area........as said.....good for 170bhp but if your going 200+ just buy FMIC.

If anyone wants me to make them up brackets let me know and ill get to work on the sheet aluminium.

Pro's and Con's?

Where is enzo he sually gives me advice on this stuff!

hey dude, waiting on that call.

series 4 and 5 rx7 top mounts will fit and perfect for our climate,

pros

a great upgrade over the standard interwamer that is very ineficient.

cons

they dont seal properly over the scoop inlet so maybe a diy with some foam is in order to trap the air through the cooler.

they go from anywhere between £50-£100 dude.