overheating issue after rebuild (videos added)

Not really sure why it would be hg though as head and block were skimmed block was decked as well and a new Athena 1.2 hg used but stranger things have happened

That's why I generally didn't mention it though but it's worth a try as you says checking compression test. How long after the build did it start doing this?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss seems to think my head is cracked so a compression test should reveal all lol

He's just pissing in the wind tbh but he's normally bloody right grrr

Edited by russ78

dodgy/sticking thermostat maybe, remove it and run it without one see if it still overheats, oh i forgot to ask how your engine building went by the way :) hope the guide was of some use :)

Edited by Taggy

dodgy/sticking thermostat maybe, remove it and run it without one see if it still overheats, oh i forgot to ask how your engine building went by the way :) hope the guide was of some use :)

I'm on 2nd thermostat with same issue mate

Ok so bit of an update done a compression test this morning to reveal 150 over all four cylinders when cold and throttle fully open so it's not cracked head or head gasket so I think next thing to try is water pump

russ like I texted you, try another rad mate.

have to rule things out to have a greater knowing of the fault..

russ take you running the EMU I gave you??

if so come take me out in it, and I tell you the exact temperature with the software I still have installed on laptop, as stock temp gauge is not that accurate..

personally sounds like a blockage..

ok so checked the compression again today and all seems to be ok.

and water in rad has been bled again but noticed when the rad cap is off water is not rising in the radiator so im guessing that's pointing towards water pump ?

ok so really wasn't satisfied with my problem being a brand new water pump so I ran her up to temperature nice and warm till she started overheating again and did another compression test to find results were quite different over the the 4 cylinders number 1 was about 137 and cylinder 4 was around the 150 mark so took rad cap off to find shes under pressure, but a whole lot of bubbles coming up as well I may be wrong but I think I have a cracked head what do you guys think ?

videos added -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjtFncVTOEQ.

http://youtu.be/6QTz3cZadSc

Edited by russ78