Aamir' Optional Extra Glanza

pHi all,

Idrees was breaking a mint 1996 Glanza V and I was breaking a Cat C damaged Toyota Starlet SR. So I decided to re-shell my SR into the Glanza and build it slowly but the way I exactly wanted it!

The shell was literally a bare shell with a passenger side door and I wasn't allowed to turbo this one so I realized i had to do all of the following:

-Strip all the interior out
-Roof lining out
-Dash out
-Carpet out
-Steering rack out

This was all replaced by bits of my SR which was pretty depressing but I didn't really have much choice lol!

Anyway here she is looking sorry for herself;
null_zpsb4e4f6c0.jpg

null_zpsc6455c89.jpg

I'll try to update the thread as I'm progressing the car

Thanks for looking

Aamir

Edited by ro55ifumi
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good idea, you'll end up with a really clean car :)

Although, if your about to pass your test, won't this one technically have to be insured as the glanza it once was? Won't that be expensive for someone just passing?

Yeah it will be mate but the Sr is a cat D and im most likely going to buy another run about until i carl i can get insured on it

Edited by aamir-id-workz

So today I got the hard work done and out of the way. Engine and engine wiring loom has been removed from the Sr along with the glanza rear bumper and lights. The cars on wheels now which is a big thing lol.

Ill let the pictures do the talking!
Got the rear panhard rod, suspension and wheels on;
null_zpse854e716.jpg

And putting them on the Glanza;
null_zpsb3b5d489.jpg
null_zps306ff1b3.jpg

Right, engine out of the Sr leaving her like this LOL:
null_zps5bf23b7d.jpg
null_zpsa146a247.jpg
null_zpsdc0fc7bb.jpg

Engine inside, gearbox being removed for new release bearing as the other was noisy (sorry for the terrible photo);
null_zpsc1d77827.jpg

Glanza now;
null_zpsd794aed2.jpg
null_zps889cdef1.jpg

Tomorrow removing the Glanza dash board to remove Glanza wiring and out the N/a loom in and put the n/a engine loom in. May also put the engine in too!

Edited by Aamir
  • 3 weeks later...

College has started, been slack. Been trying to get the brakes sorted as I've removed the ABS and found that I haven't taken all the break pipes I needed from the Sr which has now been scrapped so I'm a bit stuck at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

I sold the Speed lines and I found another set of wheels CHEAP. Bided for them on eBay last minute and won them for £185. So.... Went and picket them up today. Two wheels were fine. The other 2 needed a refurb but were fine other than that. Brought them home to find one of them which didn't have a tyre on it was a 15inch and the other three were 16's. quickly rang him and his phone was of. Absolutely gutted. Rang him 30 mins later and bingo he picked up the phone. He said he had mixed the wheels up but was clearly lying as the wheels aren't very common and he said he had a few sets. Luckily got a refund but was a waste of petrol. The wheels were Rota Auto's, 3 with Yokohama Prada spec two tyres and one without a tyre. Just be careful I'd say if he decides to re list the wheels and try to sell them to someone else. They wasn't Hawwy's wheels if anyone is wondering...

Nope I'm too busy at college to give a shit about the car if I'm honest. I have a day of college on Tuesday so I may decided to actually sort the brakes out as I'm half way through removing the ABS

• 2 weeks later...

Right so the wheels i purchased for the car which i returned were these:
null_zps13229604.jpg
Only have a picture of the good condition wheels and the other two were in horrible condition.

The engine how its sat at the moment patiently waiting to go in:
null_zpsf76e7ea7.jpg
null_zps03cf6c6a.jpg

Corolla inlet manifold
Poly bushed engine mounts
Magnetic sump plug
Trd oil cap
Recaro seat from an Evo 4
Trd braided brake lines
Bilstien coilovers
Carbon window switches and stereo surround
Optional rear splitter
Polished fuel rail

ABS Removal Kit

98 spec rear lights

Omp style steering wheel

Wind deflectors

Jam style closed bonnet scoop

Jam style eye lids

Have all been purchased.

Next on the list:
98spec front bumper
Optional splitter
Jam style closed bonnet scoop
Recaro evo 4 passenger side seat
Corolla 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Cruise wings
Wind deflectors
Livesports spoiler
Ducktail spoiler
Toms new action wheels
Rear anti roll bar
Armrest
No smoking ashtray
ID-Workz front strut brace
Optional rear strut brace
C pillar bar
98 spec rear seats
Recaro trimmed doorcards

Lol a lot on the list^^

And tried Iddys Rota GT3's on:
null_zps76a322fc.jpg
null_zpsb0d4d542.jpg

A little stance shot hahaha
null_zps17d300e0.jpg

Thats all for now folks, still trying to fix the brakes and thats the only thing stopping me from putting my engine in.

Edited by Aamir

Fitted the driver side Recaro, will be purchasing a passenger side seat in a week or so. Rear lip and coilovers will be fitted this weekend along with the engine I'm hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

Coilovers have now been fitted, the front sits low already even without an engine which is quite....scary as I'm wondering how low it's going to be with the engine in. Also purchased a polished fuel rail

Thank you fremyjay and Marc the Toms should be coming within the next two weeks as the person who I'm buying them off doesn't have any other wheels to put on his at at the moment. Hopefully wont be too long im hoping. Also going to order the two remaining brake pipes from online so my engine can go back in and i can start getting parts sprayed. 98 spec front bumper, optional lip, optional rear lip, Livesports spoiler, eye lids and JAM style closed bonnet scoop and maybe Cruise wings :D