1993 Gt Turbo, td04, Power Fc, 244bhp **SOLD**

Year: 1993
Model: Gt
Tax: October 2013
MOT: July 2014
Mileage: 140 000 kms

Description:

Not really sure where to start here because I never thought Id be selling this..... I could go on all day but I'll try keep it simple/to the point... maybe find a seat!

I bought this Gt in July 2008 from an enthusiast who had it imported for him by DNA Cars in January 2008. His circumstances changed quickly and he could no longer afford to keep it. I had the car registered to my father for "insurance purposes" for a while before being transferred to my name.

I had the car fully resprayed by a friend as there was some minor laquer peel under the rear passenger window and the front was quite badly stonechipped. Not long after I managed to sourced a mk1 bumper (which was pretty hard at the time!) that was pretty smashed up above the passenger side fog light. I had this repaired and resprayed, although as you will see in the pictures the paint has decided to start lifting there, this has only happened in the last year. The car will come with the original mk2 bumper with foglights and the mk1 yellow fog lights which are unfitted, although I spray painted the lenses black, the paint should come off though. The intercooler pipes are visible below the bumper, its never realy bothered me much and Ive never found a splitter that I like.

I received the car running 1bar on the ct9, A year or so later I bought a new hybrid turbo set up, then I wanted to try td04. With a lot of ct9 users banging on about how laggy a td04 was, I didnt want to spend a fortune on a manifold and decat to find out I didnt like it. (Little did I know how awesome td04 would be!) Because of this I bought the mild steel ToyoSports manifold and decat, which has been on the car for around 2 years with no problems. I bought the AP Engineering Power FC that Tuning Devlopments were selling, sourced an Apexi 3 bar map sensor, 330 injectors from speedvision and had the car mapped by wallace performance in Aberdeen, making 244 bhp at the flywheel, around 210bhp at the wheels at around 14psi.

I have done two track days in the car, and drove like my gran incase anything happened. In my opinion its in too good condition for track so havent done any more. Some people call me Captain Slow so you can imagine how its driven!

Ive owned this for 5 years and its effectively been "babied" for all that time. I maintain it myself, all modifications have been carried out by me and or friends because Id rather not leave it at a garage. The car is kept off the road for winter, usualy from around October/November unitl around March/April/May, Just depends how the weather is! The oil is changed sometimes before and after winter, bit mental I know, Just depends how many miles its done. Try to make sure it done every 3000 miles, always used toyoa filters and Fuchs 10/40 semi.

"Bad" Bits... Not really bad... but not ideal...

As mentioned there is paint lifting on the front bumper, pics below.

The bottom half of the drivers door is slightly marked on the edge due to trying to park as far over my driveway as possible, again this is pictured.

When it was resprayed I dont think the seal around the bottom of the rear window was lifted so theres a little bit of funny paint but dont think I have a picture of it, its not bad by any means but its there.

The synchro on 3rd gear isnt great, although the condition of it hasnt got any worse since it was imported, only really seems to be when until everything has warmed up.

Oil temperature gauge is "tempremental", it only seems to read when the oil must be very hot, personally I think its down to the sandwich plate but not sure.

Very small chip on the windscreen thats been there since import, its on the japanese inspection sheet, again, hasnt got any worse.

The car is currently uninsured so should really be on a sorn, I'll see how that goes. No test pilots, I will take serious potential buyers as much of a test drive as I can, but as per aforementioned lack of insurance, I will be driving.

Bloody hell just realised how much Ive written. I havent kept a huge amount of reciepts for the car, purely because I seriously never thought Id have to sell it. Only selling due to a change of circumstances, like most people I guess.

Car will be sold with standard Gt front seats, and without that numberplate. The car is VERY clean, If you would like to seriously discuss the price, please get in touch, but I wont be letting it go as it is for £2k, though Id be willing to take some parts off to reduce the price. but still not £2k!

Mods Wise;

Rota Sub Zero's with para spec 2's

ISC Coilovers

Whiteline Adjustable rear anti roll bar

Adjustable panhard rod

OEM 3 point rear strut Brace

Oem Front strut brace

EBC grooved discs

Ferodo ds2500 pads

Cusco BMCS

Dot5.1 fluid

AP Engineering Apexi Power FC

3 bar Apexi MAP Sensor

Blitz DSBC-R Boost Controller

ProSport Stepper Motor Gauges, Oil Temp,Oil Pressure and Water Temp

ToyoSports td04 Manifold and Decat

td04 turbo with braided oil line, No water lines

330cc Speedvision Injectors

SARD FPR

Japspeed Exhaust

Front Mounted Apexi Super Intake Filter

Front Mount Intercooler

Low Temp Thermostat

Uk Spec Radiator

TD Catch Can

CAP Clutch

CCM Short Shifter

The rear anti roll bbar was only fitted recently, Ive not long just fitted the low temp thermostat, rear brake discs with bearings and brake pads, rotor arm and dizzy cap.

Price: 3700 or VERY nearest offer

Pictures:

GTForSale_-5.jpg

GTForSale_-2.jpg

GTForSale_-4.jpg

GTForSale_-3.jpg

GTForSale_-9.jpg

GTForSale_-8.jpg

GTForSale_-6.jpg

GTForSale_-12.jpg

GTForSale_-11.jpg

GTForSale_-13.jpg

GTForSale_-17.jpg

GTForSale_-15.jpg

GTForSale_-16.jpg

GTForSale_-14.jpg

GTForSale_-21.jpg

GTForSale_-22.jpg

GTForSale_-23.jpg

GTForSale_-24.jpg

GTForSale_-25.jpg

GTForSale_-19.jpg

GTForSale_-20.jpg

GTForSale_-18.jpg

Contact Details: PM

Edited by Socks

Glad to see you finally come around and posted her up man :( good lick with the sale :)

Fro is a good lad who ever buys this will get all info needed and he's honest about everything :D

James

Thanks James. Yeah its took me two months to put it up for sale, it pains me to do it!

Looks very tasty! Im yet to own a gt but its on the list! If funds alowed me to i would snap this up! GLWTS matey

Feel free to get in touch if you wanted to discuss a price!

Looks worth the money mate glwts

Cheers mate, thats reassuring to hear, be nice to see the price of starlets start to rise!

fro deffo a good guy..glwts of yer car min...i've been trying to sell my one not much luck though think i'm gonna have to break her for bits.. :(

Cheers Jason. Its a pretty good example if I may so myself, as I said I never thought I'd be selling it.

Bad times if you have to break yours. People are to scared/lazy to travel for cars so its probably harder to shift them up this way! I just dont want it to land in the hands of some wee NED!

Not that I'm complaining but why on earth did you sell the grids ???? They look sexual!

James

Themore I look at it, the more I wonder the same thing..... want to sell me them back!?

Wont get a more decent/honest seller,i have known Connor since school, the car is worth every penny glwts man

Cheers Stefan, keen in touch man!

As Fro mentioned in my for sale thread, I worked on his car for 4 days solid getting the paintwork spot on. He actually left the car in my garage for some time after I was finished cause it was too clean to drive :p I have also regularly waxed it since it got machine polished so it's stayed super fresh.

I've had the pleasure of being in this car on numerous occasions and have to say it's awesome. With out a doubt the cleanest GT i've seen.

I think you are also guilty of having a garage queen buddy!

Gutted I might not get to see it again but good luck with the sale!

oooh mumma that looks clean and tidy yum yum yummy

Cheers :thumbsup:

Pm'd

Not received

wud u sell the apexi ?

For the right price aye. Would be the Ecu, Hand Commmander and apexi 3 bar map sensor